[HUMMINGBIRD] Compressing vs Compressing and resizing

Hummingbird score tells me that I should compress my images more, but during the chat session, we double checked Smush settings and those images are compressed and in reality, those images need to be resized to fit the HTML container. Why in this case Hummingbird now shows them "Compressing and resizing" but "Compressing"?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello WhiteSpace

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked the site and I can confirm that it doesn't seem to "match up" as the images are smushed (even super-smushed) and the only thing some of them do need is resizing, but not compressing. Therefore they should be marked with "Compress and resize" instead of "Compress".

That is, assuming that the stats that report image compression are true and relevant to the reality. I'll need to consult our developers about this then so I've already issued a question to them and am awaiting for them to check the site and return to us with some feedback on this.

Please keep an eye on this ticket and we'll update you here as soon as we get to know more.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi WhiteSpace,

It looks like the issue here is due to the current API used in Hummingbird that is not getting the proper results.
    Google Page Insights has updated to API v.5 and if you scan your site there you will see that there are no image improvement results.
    Hummingbird is still using API v.4 which is causing wrong results to be returned.
    Our developers are currently working on Hummingbird 2.0 that comes with updated API to address Google changes so after the update you will see updated scores as well.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.