hummingbird configuration

I have w3 cache installed -- and one of your tech guys told me I did not need it -- if I use hummingbird - so I started configuring hummingbird -- and the first thing it tells me is this:
install and configure a cache plugin

Benchmarks

In our test, your server responded in 3.1 seconds. There are many factors that can slow down your server response time. Please read our recommendations to learn how you can monitor and measure where your server is spending the most time.

How to improve

Page generation time longer than the recommended 200ms maximum will lower your score here. Much of your page generation time has to do with your hosting provider, but there are a number of steps you can take yourself to improve this score.
Recommendations:

Install and configure a full page caching plugin like WP Super Cache or Batcache. This can substantially improve your response time for logged out visitors and search engine bots.
Usually your installed WordPress plugins have the greatest impact on your page generation time. Some are horribly inefficient, and some are just resource intensive. Test the performance impact of your plugins using the P3 plugin, then remove the worst offenders, or replace them with a suitable alternative.

Advanced Recommendations:

Confirm with your host that you are running at least PHP 5.5 and OPcache is enabled in your site's PHP configuration.
Install and configure an object caching plugin on your site (Redis or Memcached recommended).
Ask your host if they support PHP7 or HHVM to help your PHP execute faster.

Note that many of the major managed WordPress hosting providers provide full page caching, object caching, and more modern and optimised PHP configurations as part of their offerings.

• Nahid Ferdous Mohit

Hey mindset !
    Hope you are doing great!

Yes, my colleague was right, you don't need to use W3 Total Cache. As it may conflict with Hummingbird. The reason is W3 Total Cache doesn't only works for caching but also minifies and compresses files, which Hummingbird does too. You need to make sure any duplicate process is not running in your site as it may break it. In this case, you can try using WP Super Cache, which only caches pages, nothing else.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance regarding this. Thanks!

Best,
    Nahid.