HummingBird conflict with marketpress global cart

When page cache is active, then cart page gets cached. If a visitor adds a product in a cart and then when the page is cached, if you visit the cart page as another visitor, you will that product in the cart.

I have tried to exclude the cart URL from page cache, but that's not a solution. As -
1. Floating cart will cart show different information in different pages
2. I have to manually add cart and checkout page slugs for all subsites

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello There

I can confirm the issue on my test site, so I am marking this as a bug and reporting to the developer. Hopefully, very soon the issue will be solved and an updated will be released. We appreciate your patience on this.

Thanks for reporting, sending some cookies on your way

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• RavanH
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Ash thanks for your kind support and creation of this feature request :slight_smile:

What I'm hoping for is that Hummingbird could simply scan for MarketPress cookies just as it does (I suppose) for logged-in users or users that commented. And Woocommerce and Easy Digital Downloads as well, if possible :slight_smile:

A common denominator for Woo and EDD cookies is "*_items_in_cart" (where * is either "wc" or "edd") but MarketPress does not seem to generate such a cookie. It does mp_globalcart_xxx or something else depending on network settings. If MarketPress would generate a "mp_items_in_cart" cookie, it'd be a great way for Hummingbird and other caching plugins to be able to recognize when to not cache queries :slight_smile:

• RavanH
    • The Crimson Coder

Amazed that after all this time, Hummingbird is still not compatible with MarketPress.

In fact, it's not only the global cart, it's every cart on every site in a network that is cached when visitors add items to their cart. Subsequent visitors will see the cached cart with items in them. And worse: different items on different pages as different visitor sessions where cached...

What I notice is that there has not been a MarketPress update for a long time now. Is it still supported at all? Should I switch to Woocommerce? And if so, is Hummingbird compatible with Woo?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello RavanH

We are sorry for the delay. We have the MarketPress beta version for next release where this fix is included, you will need HummingBird 1.9.0

I am attaching the marketpress beta with this reply. If you have any sandbox site of your live site, would you please check the beta on there if it works for you?

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• RavanH
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Ash, thanks for the beta ! I'll have to set up a new staging environment for this and since it's a mutlisite with domain mapping and all, it's not going to be quick. I'll report back when I've had time to do some testing :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.