Hummingbird constantly scanning files

We have a strange problem with Hummingbird minification on one of our sites, when we go to Hummingbird on a subsite it is constantly scanning for files. It has been doing this for a few days now and still continues even after deactivating and deleting the plugin. Even reinstalling doesn’t fix it.

Any help is appreciated, we have activated support access also.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Lakewood,

Huh. That is strange one. I can see that issue, but there is no errors in console that would suggest why this is stuck.

I tested that on my site but all went fine, test finished in few minutes.

Would it be possible for you to run plugin conflict test to see if other plugin is not blocking Hummingbird?

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

In the meantime I will ask developer if there is way to force this to stop.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hey Lakewood,

We checked this with the developer, and this isn't a common scenario, the scan won't have lasted more than 4 minutes.

Since you have already tried the plugin conflict test, could you please check whether resetting the plugin settings, by clicking the Clear button in the upper right corner of the Hummingbird dashboard page helps? It's located under Hummingbird > Dashboard.

Please do note that the Clear button will reset the Hummingbird settings, so if you aren't comfortable with resetting the settings, or if that doesn't work. You'll have to edit the database.

You can delete the wphb-minification-check-files option from the options table in order to stop the scan, this wouldn't reset the Hummingbird settings, it'll only stop the scan.

Please do note, for subsites, the wp_options table for the subsite would be wp_2_options. Where 2 is the subsite id, you'll have to check in the correct subsite table before deleting the wphb-minification-check-files. I suppose the issue is in your main site, so the table name would be wp_options.

Please make sure to take a backup before making any such changes to your database, please do let us know how that goes, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.