[Hummingbird] Contact Form 7 not working with Hummingbird enabled

When Humminbird is activated the contact forms do not work, and we get an error after pressing send. The forms work fine when deactivating Hummingbird though.

Have granted access.

• Ralph
    • Flash Drive

Hi.

I wasn’t testing it,. The client reported the forms not to be working, for the second time in a few weeks. I do not want the client to experience that again.

The form startet working, the second time, after deactivating Hummingbird( I did suspect it). But it had also been working for a while, while running Hummingbird. So testing now to see if it works might only lead to the same situation, down the line..

Can honestly not remember what I did the first time the forms stoped working. But it might have had something to do with having the old version of ReCAPTCHA installed?

I would consider changing to Forminator on this site, but Contact Form 7 came bundled with the theme, so it was really convenient. And hate to change before I find the cause og this issue.

Any other debugging ideas?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Ralph,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I’m afraid, it’s tough to say what’s exactly causing this without replicating the issue in your system, or ours. I gave a quick test by enabling the Hummingbird, and also enabled Page cache too, and it worked fine when tested, got the following message:

Takk for din melding. Den har nå blitt sendt.

Do you recall seeing any error message when such issue occurred 1st time? Or the form wasn’t getting submitted?

Maybe you could check with the client to see whether there are any steps to replicate the issue? Or if possible setting up staging site where this could be replicated would also help. This would help in having a better idea on how to move further with troubleshooting this.

Looking forward to your reply, have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.