[HummingBird] Files moved to Footer but reported in scan

I have moved every file possible to the Footer using the assets optimization, however many files are still reported when running the performance test. I also cleared cache.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Chris

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked your site and run a number of tests on it using PageSpeed Insights and Hummingbird's Performance test, checking the site with slightly changed Asset Optimization configuration. I would say that the current Asset Optimization configuration is the "optimum".

I believe that by the "many files are still reported" you are referring to the "Render blocking resources" reported by both Performance Test and PageSpeed Insights. I think it's important to remember that it's not always possible to eliminate all of them. The ultimate goal is to lower their number as much as possible but depending on the particular site config it might be possible to eliminate all of them or there always be some.

This is related to caches on site and server, to how the theme is built and how it handles its own resources and resources of other (especially so called "required" and "suggested") plugins and to the plugins installed on site.

Hummingbird attempts to move the files (those that you set that way) to the footer but sometimes there are resources that cannot be moved or that are actually moved by Hummingbird but there's still "something" (in a theme or some other plugin) that, so to say, moves them back. It's not exactly the way it happens but basically - something might be overriding HB's attempts.

The bottom line is: after checking the site, I think it's pretty much as far as you could go with it without breaking the site, without making changes to the code and doing any custom development.

The site renders in under 1 second for me so that's a good result but it's also worth remembering that this might vary in from load to load, may be slightly different for different users - it depends on a current traffic on site, on server performance, on a temporary "connection status/quality" between the server and end-user and so on. There's a lot of factors here that are out of our/your hands, I'm afraid.

As for the Asset Optimization, I think that's set fine at the moment.

If you got any additional/follow-up questions, let me know, please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.