hummingbird gzip compression

Hi
I am hosting with hostnine. I was trying to enable gzip compression on my site. Hostnine wouldn't let me add the code to their servers. They said i should attach it to my .htaccess file. So i did this. They have a Nginx server so i copied that code. Now when i refresh the page on my blog it completely crashes out.

Hostnine said there must be an error in the code. I copied and pasted several times but my site continued to crash each time and wouldn't load.

Any suggestions?

thx

• Nithin

Hi eddie,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

If you mean the manual code provided by the plugin, then there shouldn't be any error related to this. .htaccess is part of Apache server, and won't work if you paste the code related to Apache on NGINX. Are you using Plesk?

For NGINX servers, you should copy the generated code into your nginx.conf usually located at /etc/nginx/nginx.conf or /usr/local/nginx/conf/nginx.conf
    `
    You can find the the instructions, and code for each server type, as showing in the screenshot under Hummingbird > GZIP Compression.

If you still have issues, please enable support access so that we could give a closer look. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.