[Hummingbird] Help optimizing site

I am having trouble optimizing performance on a woocommerce wordpress site. I have installed and ran Smush Pro. That part seems mostly successful but I think there are still some images that need work. My bigger issue is that I'm not seeing much of a result from Hummingbird. I have the page caching going but I'm struggling with the css and js assets. Can you assist in getting this right. The site referenced is a clone of our main site and I can allow remote access if needed.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Jonathan,

I have checked your website and run a performance test on it and the reason you are having a low score is that of those images pointed in the test.
    I checked Smush and seems that you have still images that need smushing:

Can you run it again and see if this will get your score better?

As for the Assets Optimization we have here detailed documentation that explains how to perform it in Advanced mode https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/wpmu-dev-plugins/hummingbird/#chapter-4

The thing that needs to be highlighted is

The most important thing when working with Advanced mode and making changes to how your site loads files is that you test things out after every single change.

It is not recommended to select all your files, click on Bulk Update, and enable all of the options at once. This could have disastrous consequences for your site, and break a lot of things! Please do not do this!

You won’t be able to apply every option to every file, so it is very important to test as you go. (and make sure to click on Save Changes beforehand!)

Each site is different - different sets of plugins and theme - and there is no one ready-to-use recipe in Asset Optimization, hence this process of checking files is required to get most optimal settings for your site.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Jonathan,

Yes, we have changed the name from Minification to Asset Optimization, but the guide is the same:
    1) Switch to Advanced mode

2) Enable available options for each file

3) Save and check the site if everything works correctly.
    - if yes, move to next file
    - if no, revert changes for the last file and then move to the next one.

We don't recommend changing all the files at once because it can lead to unexpected results on the site, so it is better to test files each to get optimal setup for your site.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.