[HUMMINGBIRD] hide Hummingbird on all subsites

I'm using Menu Editor Pro and I'm trying to hide Hummingbird menu on all subistes. However if I do this as admin of network and hide it then Hummingbird menu is gone.
If I log in separate as admin of subsite then Hummingbird is show and I can access:
HUMMINGBIRD PRO
General
Database Cleanup
System Information

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Wayne!

Please try the snippet I created for you and attached to my reply here. You will have to unzip it as our forum doesn't allow posting php files. Then, please upload the unzipped file to wp-content/mu-plugins (if the directory doesn't exist, please create it). There's no need to activate anything. It will be applied to every subsite.

The snippet will still show the Hummingbird menu if you enter the subsite as Super Admin, but not if you are normal subsite admin.

As a bonus, it will also hide Hummingbird from the installed plugins list. I included this as I already had a snippet for this ready. If you don't want it, you can delete everything from the line that starts with function wpmu_hide_plugins until the end of the file.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Wayne
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Pawel, thanks for your prompt reply. May i know is this because of bugs in hummingbird?
    Because from what i experienced, all other plugins have no problem with being hidden by using admin menu pro. Only hummingbird has this issue.

As all the other plugins was being hidden with admin menu pro, i do not wish to have hummingbird to be hidden by using another method as this will create confusion in future.

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Wayne!

Can you upload the plugin to Dropbox or Google Drive or something similar and share a link to download with me? I'd like to check why this is happening on my test site and this is a premium plugin which noone at our team has access to. At this moment - I have to little information as to why this happens.

Note: Don't leave your link in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:
    NOTE: Don't change selected topic in the dropdown, just leave it at "I have a different question".

Subject: "Attn: Pawel Pela"
    - Download link for Admin Menu Pro
    - Link back to this thread for reference

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Wayne
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Pawel

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I've sent the plugin to you and subject attn to you.

Between, may i know did you change anything from my wpdashboard with the admin menu pro?
    Now that Hummingbird pro, performance test, asset optimization, advanced tools have been moved to the subcategorey of Dashboard menu. (Please find attached screencapture)

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Wayne!

I haven't changed anything on your site so far.

Thank you for sending the plugin. I installed it on my test site and managed to find a solution that seems to work.

Please see the following screenshot. The key here is to also hide the submenus when the main menu is hidden. Until you do this, the main menu will still show up (or it may get hidden and all the submenus may get displayed as top level menu items).

Please try that and see if it worked for you.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Wayne!

I checked again and the issue is still there. It also appears on my test site now, once I made a fresh installation. I will create a bug report for the Hummingbird team to test it and find a fix.

In the meantime you can use the snippet I've provided, as a temporary solution.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Wayne!

Welcome back! :slight_smile: We're very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this bug. I've checked the development backlog and the issue will be fixed in one of the next releases. The current update was focused on other priority fixes and upgrades and the fix for issue we discovered here had to be moved to be included in a future update.

I've notified our developers that you came back to check on the progress so they know about your interest in this being fixed.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.