[Hummingbird] Humming Bird Pro cant scan a site.. site extremely low

Im trying to optimize a really important site for one of my clients… it takes up to 30 seconds to load!

Im stalling the core plugins like smush, hummingbird and smartcrawl, smush is taking a lot of time to optimize and hummingbird cant scan the site…

The performance test didn't return any results. This probably means you're on a local website (which we can't scan) or something went wrong trying to access WPMU DEV. Try again and if this error continues to appear please open a ticket with our support heroes

The site is not on a local enviroment :disappointed:

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Antonio

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

The fact that the site takes over 30 seconds to load is some sort of a clue here. The performance scan most likely times out and some additional steps must be taken first, before “fine tuning” the site with Smush and Hummingbird.

In order to be able to give you some more detailed and accurate answer I would need to check the site. I’d like to take a closer look at it so would you please enable support access to it? To do this, please go to the “WPMU DEV -> Support” page in your site’s back-end, click on “Grant support access” button there and let me know here when it’s active.

I’ll then access the site, check the configuration and follow up on the case here.

Kind regards,

Adam

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Antonio,

I have run Hummingbird scan on your site and it works correctly, you can see that last scan is from today:

There is issue with browser caching, but it looks like maybe your server has not mod_deflate module enabled. In this case you will need to ask your hosting provider to enable it.

If they confirm it is enabled, please ask them to add following code to php.ini file:

zlib.output_compression = On

Another issue in performance scan are images – despite that Smush already optimized them, for some google insights is showing that they can be compressed more.

Smush has option for Super Smush that will compress images more. But before you will Super Smush your images

enable option “Make a copy of my full size images” in case you will not like the result

Then from Media Library Super Smush images listed in Hummingbird report and after that run again Performance Report.

Let us know if this will help.

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.