[Hummingbird] Humming Bird Slowing Down our Website

It seems like if I am using Hummingbird the site is loading very slow, some how the assets are not transferring to the CDN, cache is not working properly, & page load time increases. Admin pages are also taking a long time to load. Sometimes I am getting 502 server error. I tried to ping the server and am getting request times out. When I disable the hummingbird plugin, the site loads faster.

• Dimitris

Hey there jasonhunter

hope you're doing good today and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

It seems like if I am using Hummingbird the site is loading very slow, some how the assets are not transferring to the CDN

Please keep in mind that after setting up Asset Optimisation, HummingBird starts some internal procedures in order to create the new asset files, cache them and push them to CDN. This procedure will start after first visit in homepage and it may last a bit longer, based on the actual number of assets coming from active theme and plugins. Server load will also increase a bit during this period. When this is over, you should be able to see the assets links coming from WPMUDEV's CDN service.

cache is not working properly

Could you please elaborate a bit more on this? Was there any error message in HummingBird?

page load time increases. Admin pages are also taking a long time to load. Sometimes I am getting 502 server error.

Most probably this happened after you setup Asset Optimisation, otherwise can't see a way that HummingBird was causing this. Unless of course there was already some error, some kind of conflict between plugins.

Would you mind to enable HummingBird plugin once more, set it up (as Asset Optimisation needs a little more care to properly setup:https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/wpmu-dev-plugins/hummingbird/#chapter-4) and let us know here in your next reply, so we can have a look?

If you can't do so in this live site, you'd better first create a staging environment, meaning a complete and exact copy of this installation into another location/folder in the same server, using a separate database.

In any case, grant for us some temporary support access via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin, as shown here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5, and let us know here in your next reply.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.