[Hummingbird] Hummingbird appears to be stopping page builder saving

I spoke to Sohag Ronjon Dey earlier who was great. We tried a number of things but it needs more looking into was the end result.

I have included a copy of our conversation earlier so you can see what we have done. Also, I have reactivated all the plugins the site needs to run. Feel free to do whatever you need to with them, as in turn them on and off if you need to. I have also left WPMUDEV access open so you can go straight into the site.

[Sesnsitive data removed]

Sohag Ronjon Dey
Hello. How may I help you?

Hi

Lane
4:34 pm
hi how are you?
Sohag Ronjon Dey
I am fine thanks for asking

Hope you are doing well

Lane
I have just added the wpmudev dashboard and a number of wpmu plugins but not the page is not saving correctly.
I have tried to refresh it a few times and it just hangs
Sohag Ronjon Dey
sorry to know that you are facing some inconvenience

Could you grant support access from the dashboard plugin so we can take a look?

You can grant support access via

WPMU DEV > Support > Grant Support Access.

https://premium.wpmu…ted/getting-support/#chapter-5
Getting Support

Lane
Yeah got a couple of other sites that are having issues 500 errors loading plugins as well.
done!
Sohag Ronjon Dey
Let us look at this site first and then we will try to check the others

Lane
thanks.
Sohag Ronjon Dey
Thanks for granting the access. I am in the admin. Can you please mention a page where you are try to make changes and is not saving? Or if you like I can create a page for test and then try to make change on that to replicate the issue?

Lane
the front page.
I havent tried the others as yet.
Sohag Ronjon Dey
Are you trying to make changes using Page Builder?

Lane
yes.
using beaver builder
just added photos to the photo slider two thirds of the way down the page.
Sohag Ronjon Dey
There were some issue reported about conflict of our Smartcrawl plugin with page builders. However let me try to replicate first

Lane
ok thx.
Sohag Ronjon Dey
Hi were you trying to add image in the slider below "Our Work". I have tried to add an image to it and it is added. Please check http://take.ms/PxKxT

Screenshot "Front Page _ Cranbourne Signs - Google Chrome 2018-10-25 11.45.56.png"

Lane
yes youre right they have saved
but the page builder hangs after it.
everytime I have tried it it just hangs.
Sohag Ronjon Dey
Yes I can see the page builder hangs

Would you mind if I disable the Smartcrawl plugin to see if that is making any conflict.

Lane
no, great idea!
disable what ever you need to
Sohag Ronjon Dey
Thanks

Please allow some times while I try to check that

Lane
of course. appreciate it, thx
Sohag Ronjon Dey
Hi I have disabled Smartcrawl Pro and tried to replicate the issue and could replicate it. So there may be any other plugin that is creating the issue

Please allow some times to check another plugin

Lane
ok.
Sohag Ronjon Dey
I thought the issue is created by Hummingbird > Asset Optimization and I can see it is not activatesd.

Lane
I have had an issues with another site I have in the past with Ultimate Beaver causing a similar issues while ago. also powerpack for beaver builder.
if that helps.
oh ok...
Sohag Ronjon Dey
Would you mind disabling all wpmudev plugins and see if the issue goes

Lane
ok will do now.
Sohag Ronjon Dey
Please leave the WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin enabled so I can also see if the issue is gone

Lane
Done.
Sohag Ronjon Dey
Hi I have tried to replicate the issue and I can see the issue is gone

Lane
oh ok...
Sohag Ronjon Dey
Can you activate the plugins one by one and check if the issue is gone after each one's activation this will help us to find which plugin is having the conflict

So step will be activate one of the WPMUDEV plugin and then try to replicate the issue and if the issue is not there then activate another one and try to replicate again

Lane
understand. Ill do that now.
Sohag Ronjon Dey
Thanks. And let me know which is the one with the conflict

As I have deactivated Smartcrawl and could not replicate the issue so you can test with the others

Lane
Ive just reactivated that one it was ok.
doing more now.
Just reactiaved hummingbird and its hanging again.
Sohag Ronjon Dey
Thanks

Is it possible to deactivate all other plugins except your builder and hummingbird and wpmudev dashboard and then try to replicate the issue. However if you do so please make sure you have a backup of your site files and database. Or if you have any staging site then we can try to check it there.

Lane
I can. for the site to keeps its formatting it needs ultimate and powerpack also live but Ill take them offline for a little while.
Sohag Ronjon Dey
But please make sure to take backup or your site files and database completely. And can you also provide me your builder plugin so I can try to replicate the issue in my test site

Lane
when you say provide builder plugin. do you mean the logins for it?
happy to, just not sure what you meant
Sohag Ronjon Dey
no the beaver builder plugin zip may be

Lane
oh ok sure
Sohag Ronjon Dey
Hi I can not see the slider now. Is it created by any plugin if so please keep that activated also to replicate the issue

Lane
ok
Its doing again with Hummingbird activated.
Sohag Ronjon Dey
Please allow a few moments to check

Lane
all good
Sohag Ronjon Dey
Is the slider from your Page builder or it is from another plugin

Lane
no seperate plugin
Sohag Ronjon Dey
Can you please mention the plugin name and version

Lane
Slider Revolution - Premium responsive slider

Version 5.4.8 | By ThemePunch |
Sohag Ronjon Dey
Thanks for the test and clarification. Are you using any other plugin or any option in the theme for caching or minification?

Lane
no. not now. I think I had litespeed cache on it but got rid of it. changing stuff on many sites atm to move over to wpmudev so dont totally remember... but no not anymore.
Sohag Ronjon Dey
Ok Let me try to activate Hummingbird Asset Optimization and see if that help

Lane
ok thx
Sohag Ronjon Dey
Please allow a few more moments

Lane
all good
Sohag Ronjon Dey
Please allow a few more moments

Lane
all good
Sohag Ronjon Dey
We will need to create a support ticket so we can look into it further, as the level of troubleshooting that may be involved surpasses the scope of our chat support.

For the ticket I will need your wordpress admin, ftp/cpanel url, username and password

Lane
ok will do, thank you for your time. really appreciated.
Delivered

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Lane

I hope you're well today!

I've checked your site and I can see the issue there.

With Asset Optimization and Page Caching tools disabled, the Hummingbird shouldn't interfere much with any other plugins/scripts. However, while testing this I noticed a "500 Internal Server" error in a browser console upon saving attempt. It's quite an "undefined" error but in this case it may actually point to WP memory limit.

The server allows up to 256M to be used by PHP scripts (so that includes WordPress itself) but WordPress is still limiting it further to its default 40M which is enough for simple pages but here might be a bit too little with such complex plugins as Beaver Builder, Hummingbird and other.

I'd suggest start with the simple tweak first. Please add following line to the "wp-config.php" file of your WP install, right above the "/* That's all, stop editing! */":

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Once it's there, go to "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end, click on "System info" button, switch to "WordPress" tab and scroll it all the way down. It will show the value of "WP_MEMORY_LIMIT" (not to be confused with WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT!) so if you can confirm there that the setting has been applied, please test if the issue still happens.

Let me know if this helped, please, and if not, I'll investigate the case further.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Lane

Thanks for your response!

I have accessed the site again and tested it but it seems to be working for me, take a look please:

https://monosnap.com/file/LTQTqglSGFgM4kpYIK8DNHhsSsesv0

However, I tested it using a simple test page that I created (you will see it on a page list in back-end so please feel free to remove it) so maybe I should test on one or more of existing pages of yours? They are probably more complicated and it behaves different - is it happening for all pages or just some specific ones?

Also, have you tried to clear browser cache and if you have any browser extensions (especially some related to e.g. ad blocking) have you tried to disable them? What browsers (and on what OS) did you try that with?

Let me know, please.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.