[Hummingbird] Hummingbird Asset Optimisation breaks site

Turning on hummingbird asset optimisation breaks the site. Most of the CSS doesn't apply on the homepage. The site uses oxygenbuilder.com 2.2.1 instead of a template. I've tried HB default and custom settings in various combinations (minimal to extreme) with no success. Also, HB incorrectly appears to think the host service is Apache. This seems to affect caching settings.

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey there Morgan !
    Hope you are having a great day!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you encountered. As Support Access was granted on your site, I went in, enabled Asset Optimization in Hummingbird. I was able to see the issue, which is very odd indeed. But for further investigation, the next step is to set up Hummingbird with Asset Optimization enabled and Oxygen Builder in order to replicate the issue and test further. Unfortunately, since we don't have a copy of the Oxygen builder plugin, we were not able to proceed with that step. In this scenario, would it be possible for you to send us a copy of your Oxygen builder plugin so that we can set it up, try to replicate and investigate this issue further? You can upload it to a file storage system like Dropbox and send us the shared link through our secure contact form. You can send that privately through our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:

Subject: “Attn: Nahid Mohit
    - Shared link containing a copy of the Oxygen Builder
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

Moreover, I also took a closer look at your Browser Caching settings. It isn't able to instantly detect the server type in some cases where the server configuration is complex and different than default server configurations. In those cases, we essentially have to manually set the server type there. I was able to enable Browser Caching for you. Here's a screenshot for reference:

Hope this helps. We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

• Morgan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello,
    Thanks for the quick reply. I can send admin details for a staging site on the same host. If that isn’t good for testing, I’ll seen about the plugin details.

Possibly related to the host config, Snapshot also stops mid-backup. Yet, it passes the host requirements before starting.

M

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Morgan,

hope you're doing well and I'm terribly sorry for the long waiting time here. It's been a bit hectic in our end lately.

Could you please re-grant support access to your staging site? Let me know here in your next reply when you do so.

As for the Snapshot issue, could you please create a separate thread about it? We're keen on having separate threads per issue.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello Morgan

It seems that this is a conflict with Oxygen and HummingBird's Asset Optimization module indeed.
    Problem is that the Oxygen framework uses its own WP_Styles and doesn't use the default WP functionality to register scripts and styles, so Hummingbird is unable to handle them properly.
    Getting it to work would pretty much require writing a new integration to support only this framework which is not an easy task. This is already added as a feature request in HummingBird though, I really can't promise anything at this point though or provide any kind of estimated time on this.

As for the Snapshot issue, please do create a separate ticket about it as I mentioned in my previous reply: https://premium.wpmudev.org/hub/support/#get-support ("Technical Support")

Thank you,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.