[Hummingbird] Hummingbird Asset Optimization Breaks Forums with jquery Error

Here’s another fun one for you superheroes to help me figure out…thanks in advance for any help!

Activation of Hummingbird Asset Optimization breaks our SimplePress discussion forums with a jquery error. If activated, users cannot add a new topic or post any reply. Clicking the Add Topic or Reply buttons results in no action, when either should open the forum post editor (tinyMCE, via AJAX) allowing users to submit their post.

Simply turning on Asset Optimization causes the problem. I have not made any changes to the default optimization settings.

With Asset Optimization ON, the Web Console reports:

Source map error: request failed with status 404

Resource URL: https://tripawds.net/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.form.min.js?ver=4.2.1

Source Map URL: jquery.form.min.js.map

This (file jquery.form.min.js) IS found and can be loaded directly in the browser at the Resource URL indicated.

The “missing” file, appears nowhere in the Assets list on the Hummingbird Asset Optimization page.

When selecting the option to Host my files on the WPMU DEV CDN, this error changes to:

Source map error: request failed with status 403

Resource URL: https://hb.wpmucdn.com/tripawds.net/79ae5c77-2dfa-4f81-b600-453aa71779d6.js

Source Map URL: jquery.form.min.js.map

With WPMU Dev CDN turned on, the “missing” file, does appear in the Javascript section of the Assets list on the Hummingbird Asset Optimization page, and shows as already minimized. However, the error and resulting issue persist.

Turning OFF Hummingbird Asset Optimization returns normal functioning to the forum buttons. I have not investigated if any other issues result from turning on optimization, but this alone is a deal breaker. We are therefore unable to take advantage of any Hummingbird Asset Optimization.

I enabled the debug log under the Asset Optimization tab of the Network Admin Hummingbird settings, but the resulting log file only renders the site’s 404 template. No log data is included in the file.

Other Hummingbird functions (Caching & GZIP) are configured and working well so far. I would like to improve the score further by activating Asset Optimization, but am unable to do so without breaking the primary feature of our main site. (FYI: I am working to resolve this issue on our test install, before enabling optimization on our live site.)

What other information can I provide, or what other troubleshooting steps can I take to get Hummingbird playing nice with our forums?