[Hummingbird] HUmmingbird breaks page builder

Hummingbird has broken my page builder. Currently it is shut off for pages and posts under settings as this is the only way we can create new and edit existing pages and posts.
I have reset, deactivated and uninstalled Hummingbird. None of which has fixed the issue. I've tried restoring my site with updraft from a copy that was well before the break occurred. Nothing... I'm guessing there is some messed up coding somewhere, but not being a developer, I have no clue where. Catalyst theme and pagebuilder are no longer supported. Ughhh! Your help is greatly appreciated.

  • Dimitris

    Hello Karen Moore

    I have reset, deactivated and uninstalled Hummingbird. None of which has fixed the issue.

    Deactivating the plugin should have stopped that, if the issue was HummingBird indeed. :thinking:

    I went ahead and accessed your site's dashboard, using the support access you kindly granted. I deactivated HummingBird -> Asset Optimisation completely, can you enable your page builder back and see if that made any difference?

    Can you also let me know what exactly broke? Did you lose access to your site? Did you have to bring it back via FTP access? Please advise!

    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

  • Dimitris

    Hey there Karen Moore

    Appreciate the additional information. :slight_smile:

    I went ahead and deactivated the "Far Future Expiration Plugin" plugin, as the functionalities provided are the same as
    - GZIP compression
    - Caching -> Browser Caching

    from HummingBird, so this could lead to conflicts.

    This didn't resolve the issue though (not responding Page Builder), which by the way doesn't throw any error messages in browser's console log (thing that could help us narrow this down).

    I then deactivated HummingBird completely and issue remains, meaning that's not a HummingBird-related conflict.
    Purging Cloudflare's cache via their plugin after all that, didn't make any difference either.

    At this point, the safest way to narrow this down is by performing a conflict test. Start deactivating plugins one-by-one, checking each time the Page Builder, until you find the one that causes that. If deactivating all other plugins apart from Page Builder does nothing, then also try to activate a default theme instead, like TwentySeventeen.
    Ref: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif

    Prior to all that, you must backup your site, in case you lose any settings during the test, so you have to restore it back afterwards.
    As this is a public website though, with live traffic, it may be wiser to first create a staging environment, meaning a complete and exact copy of this installation into another location/folder in the same server, using another database, and safely perform the test in there instead, without worrying about the live site.

    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.