[Hummingbird] Hummingbird cache auto regeneration issue

Hi,

There is the following issue, after a certain period of time, the cache auto regeneration (as I identified) result to a page without styles.

Thanks for your help. Best regards,

Jeremy

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello jeremymatter,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

Since the Page Cache in Hummingbird currently doesn’t expire, it can only be re-generated under specific circumstances, like posting a new content, manually clearing it or in some cases related to minification settings. While it’s being recreated and certain resources are not cached at the given moment, they should be served “live” so the issue you’re experiencing suggests that there’s something more into it.

I would like to investigate it so I’d need to take a closer look at your site. Would you please enable support access to it? To do this, please go to the “WPMU DEV -> Support” page in your site’s back-end and click on “Grant Support Access” button there, then let me know here when it’s active.

Let me also know, please, if you were able to trigger the issue “on purpose” in any way and if so, what’s the way to do this?

Best regards,

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your response and for enabling access.

I checked the site but there’s nothing especially “unusual” there. I wasn’t able to trigger the issue “on demand” as well even despite clearing cache/updating post (which should also clear the cache). That makes me think that there must be some additional aspect there.

It doesn’t look like there’s any CDN (Content Delivery Network, like e.g. CloudFlare) implemented on site but I’m not familiar with your host. Can you tell me (you might need to check that with them) if there’s any additional caching on a server? Sometimes hosts do automatically enable server-side caching which might be causing similar issues when used together with Page Caching and Minification performed directly on site.

Could you please check about server-side cache then?

Also, I have enabled cache debugging in Hummingbird settings so it would be great if we could now wait a moment until you observe the issue again. If you would let me know right after that, I’d like to check if that debugging gives any additional information of what might be happening.

Best regards,

Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jeremy,

I was doing some extensive testing with clearing the cache but I was still unable to replicate the issue I’m afraid.

We might be able to get some information by checking the console when the issue happens.

So when you encounter this again can you start a console by pressing Ctrl + Shift + J (Windows / Linux) or Cmd + Opt + J (Mac).

There should be some red colored errors in there so right click anywhere on empty space and select Save As…

Once the file is saved, rename it to .txt extension and then attach it here so we can see what’s causing the issue.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.