[Hummingbird] Hummingbird cannot test or open dashboard

A couple of weeks ago I had issues with the site, that ultimately boiled down to a cloudflare railgun issue between siteground and cloudflare. This was then disabled and the site is running great, however now when I try to go to the hummingbird dashboard I get a cloudflare error after a while, and I cannot run a performance test.

I have enabled support access, I have no doubt that the disabling of railgun has changed something but I am at a loss other than that.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello JohnHQLD

I hope you're doing fine today!

The Railgun is, generally speaking, a sort of "on the fly compressor" of data between your host and CloudFlare. I don't know the details of how it works (as it's a CF's own solution) but from what I understand from the description that they provided, disabling it shouldn't actually cause troubles.

It can, however, make the site/connection slower so that might e.g. lead to timeouts. But nonetheless I don't think the issue is so "directly" related to disabling Railgun :slight_smile:

I know that you have enabled support access but, unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work for me. When I try to access your site, I'm taken to the "404 Not found" WP error page. I think the "wp-admin/wp-login.php pages had been changed to something else in a way that "support access" might not be able to handle.

In that case, the solution would be to let me access the site directly. It would also be helpful if I could check server and WP configuration on the server so would you please send in:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Adam Czajczyk
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - login URL and admin account login credentials (may be a temporary admin account) data
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include hosting control panel access details (login address, username & password) - cPanel's usually the control panel used for this, but your provider may use something else; I'll need this for accessing your site's database, preferably via phpMyAdmin
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

Please use our contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Before doing that, please also run one more simple test: set the CloudFlare to "dev" mode temporarily and see if the issue goes away or not. Then enable it back but let me know about the result.

Best regards,
    Adam