[Hummingbird] Hummingbird crashing home buttons Load more, New Products and On Sale.

I don't know why, but something like 24 ˜ 36 hrs after I reset the store cache using hummingbird my buttons in home "load more/ver mais", "new products/novos produtos" and "On Sale/ Em promoção" doesm't work anymore. Can you please check it and help me find out what resource of hummingbird is causing it?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Trust No One,

I was checking your site but I'm afraid that I can't see any issues with the above-mentioned buttons, they work fine for me on multiple browsers.

Can you tell me the issue is happening now or you have cleared the cache and now need to wait in order to see the issue?

If this is still happening to you can you open up Chrome console by pressing Ctrl Shift J (on Windows) or Ctrl Option J (on Mac) and then click on one of the troubling buttons?
    If there are some console errors they should show up in red there so could you grab us a screenshot of the console if there are errors so we can check what might be causing it?

Also, when the issue happens next time can you try disabling Asset Optimization in Hummingbird so we can see if it's related to file optimization?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Trust No One
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Predrag, thankl you for the support.

I had cleaned the cache, that's probably the reason you didn't saw the issue. Now it's happening and I'll let the cache so you can see it.

There's a error on chrome console, please see below:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 () /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php:1

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Trust No One,

Thanks for the additional info, I could see the issue now when visiting your site.

There seem to be some permission issue with the admin-ajax.php (403 error) coming from jquery file.
    So what I did is, I excluded jquery from minification in Asset Optimization panel and in Cache settings I've excluded admin-ajax.php from caching.
    It seems to be working fine now but can you keep an eye on the site for the next 24-36 hours and let us know if the issue comes back or if this did the trick.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello @contato28147!

I've accessed your site and checked it and I noticed that there's still an error in a console related to the sober-shortcodes JS library. I've disabled compression (in Asset Optimization) for it but still - while it's working now, I'm not sure if it will be still working after that 24-36 hours.

In fact, that "waiting period" bothers me quite a lot. This looks to me like there was some additional cache regeneration. What I'm thinking is that while assets are optimized and cache is cleared, it's working fine. Then some cache is being re-build over that period and it somehow breaks the delivery of optimized assets. That's only an idea, though.

I noticed that you got CloudFlare implemented on the site. Do you also have some additional server-side cache? It might be worth checking that. I think we'll need to wait again and if the change that I did doesn't help this time too, please:

- double-check (you might need to get in touch with your host) if there is any kind of server-side cache and/or asset optimization tool; if yes, please disable them

- go to CloudFlare dashboard and put it (temporarily) in a "dev" mode; that will make it "transparent"

and after that let me know and we'll "dig more" into it.

Kind regards,
    Adam

PS. Please keep an eye on "WPMU DEV -> Support" page to make sure that support access is kept active. It's time valid and would deactivate itself in a couple of days but you can extend it so we could use it until we solve the problem.

• Trust No One
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Adam, thank you very much for the help.

Yes i'm using CF, i'll take a look over it.

The host is a DigitalOcean VPS, as far as I know the only server side cache may be the PHP Opcache. Can it be the cause?

I'll be looking by close in the next hours and i'll let you know if the issue keep going.

Tks!

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Trust No One,

Sorry to hear the issue is still there :slight_frown:

Could you provide us with FTP or cPanel details so we can have a more in-depth look at this?
    Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Trust No One,

I've created a detailed report for our developers, and while I was making sure that I have all the details provided for them I noticed one more thing about the error on the page, it seems that it's also related to Sober Addons plugin ("Trust No One Extensões" in your case).

Is it possible to try and disable this plugin for a day or two and clear the cache so we can check if the issue is related to that?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hi Trust No One !

Please inform me if you have any news with the updates! If your Sandbox is having the same issue I'd like to have access to the Sandbox so I can try and debug there freely without touching your live site if that's possible, since you mention the issue appears after X amount of time it'll probably be a 'slow' process unfortunately as it seems but we'll get to the bottom of this.

Also if there are any new login information needed for the Sandbox please share them with me
    privately via our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question by following this example:

Subject: "Attn: Konstantinos Xenos"

- Admin login ( if Multisite please provide Super Admin details ):
    Admin Username:
    Admin Password:
    Login URL: 

- FTP credentials
    Hostname:
    Username:
    Password:
    Port:
    Key-File ( and password ) if needed

- Server Admin ( CPanel / Plesk )
    Username:
    Password:
    Login URL:

- Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs -or- information regarding the issue that was not included in this thread

Regards,
    Konstantinos

• Trust No One
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Konstantinos Hello! How are you buddy?

Sorry by the delay, I was sick so it took a little less than expected. I tried to build a sandbox vps, but i haven't had success because my store uses alot of plugins with subscription, so I couldn't replicate the store. But I did something which will help us debug freely the store. I made a VPS iso image, so if we crash something we can bring it back as were before. After that, I made a lot of tests here, such as disable plugins by plugins, remove cloudflare, try to change settings over cloudflare and etc. After those tests a reach a result, both erros, the buttons crash (jquery) and that new ones Predrag found "underscore.min.js?ver=1.8.3:5 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined" are happening only with hummingbird actived evenly with Gzip, Browser Cache, Assets Optimization disabled. What make me see that those bugs are coming from page caching option same with cloudflare caching not cleared, just disabling hummingbird and leaving cloudflare cache as it is those bugs goes away.

Please feel free to make any test you need. I set all my ads and promotions off while fixing it! Please reach me if you need anything!

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hi Trust No One, I hope you're feeling better!

I have enabled Hummingbird Asset Optimization along with WPMUDEV CDN for faster file serving ( basically everything is optimized and cached at the moment ) and the "Ver mais" button works as supposed to for me.

But I have to inform you on this so please take care of this as soon as possible:
    In order to enable Asset Optimization I had to disable WP Cron by adding a define( 'DISABLE_WP_CRON', true ); into your wp-config.php. The Asset Optimization wouldn't start with the wp cron enabled and that tells me that your WP scheduled tasks are not running at all. This might be the only cause that after X amount of time anything in your theme could break if a scheduled task that should run to update code/cache etc was failing.

Please talk with your developers/hosting provider so they can help you enable server Cron instead to be sure that the scheduled tasks are running from now on. You can find more information at https://developer.wordpress.org/plugins/cron/hooking-into-the-system-task-scheduler/ .

--

As for the error on underscore.js error that you see in your console. This is an error from Hustle / WP Bakery, we're already aware of that and looking into this.

Tell me if I can help more!

Regards,
    Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.