[Hummingbird] Hummingbird losing stylesheet

Hi guys, every couple of months, this website seems to lose the stylesheet. The style goes crazy, see screenshot here - https://goo.gl/A5PT1o

When I disable Hummingbird, the error disappears and the website displays properly again. I've done URL search and replace of http -> https and this hasn't solved it either.

I've had this same issue happen a few times on other websites too.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

  • Predrag Dubajic

    Hi Adam,

    Oh wow, that's certainly strange, and actually not something I've heard about before :slight_frown:

    Do you see any errors on your site when this happens that could point us in what happened?

    Were there any changes on your site when this happened, for example theme/plugins update or you added some new plugins and/or change your theme?
    And also, do you have any other kind of caching on your site (perhaps some server-side caching) beside the HB caching?
    It's possible that, if you have Asset Optimization enabled, that when you updated or added plugins the HB Asset Optimization created new combined files but your server was still serving the old ones and thus the styling broke.

    Is it possible in any way to "force" this to happen so we could check it out?

    When the issue does happen we should be able to get more information from browser console in Chrome by pressing Ctrl + Shift + J on Windows or Cmd + Option + J on Mac.

    Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at your HB settings?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

    Best regards,
    Predrag

  • Adam Czajczyk

    Hello Adam

    Thanks for enabling access.

    I checked the site and unless there is some cache on a server, there doesn't seem to be anything on site that could cause that.

    The CloudFlare, however, is very likely reason here. When I visited the site, Hummingbird was disabled so I enabled it to check its settings and I noticed that CloudFlare is not connected to it.

    The plugin includes integration with CloudFlare to control/sync caching and while both are used - Hummingbird and CloudFlare - there should be the connection set.

    I have disabled Hummingbird back but I think it would be good now if you would enable it again, connect it to CloudFlare and set Asset Optimization and caching options (if necessary), then give it some time to see if the issue happens again.

    To connect Hummingbird to CloudFlare, please go to the Hummingbird -> Caching -> Browser Caching" page and scroll it down, you'll find a section for CloudFlare settings which will let you integrate it.

    Give it a try, please, and let's see if that helps.

    Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.