[Hummingbird] hummingbird test results

hi I have set up hummingbird and WP smush pro I ran test originally went through all recommendations now my score is worse I am wondering if someone can advise as to what I have set up incorrectly and why after optimizing images I am now getting a worse result I love these products and want to install more plugins to replace ones I have but I wasn't expecting them to make my sites performance worse so I'm guessing its how I have set them up any help would be appreciated so That i can benefit from these greayt products instead of being frustrated
Dave

• Nithin

Hi Dave Miller,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I checked your site, and could notice the scores for Optimize Images, if you give a closer look, the images listed as it needs compressing are Original Full size images

By default Smush will only compress image thumbnails created by WordPress, it seems like for some section your theme is trying to load the Original image size, instead of the thumbnails, what you can do is go to the Smush Pro Settings page, and enable Smush my original full size images, and Store a copy of my full size images.

Once done, re-smushing will make sure that those original image sizes are also compressed, which should in turn improve the scores.

Also, please do note that enabling same cache features in different plugins can cause anomalies, I could notice you already have SG Cache enabled, so you could disable Hummingbirds Page Caching feature in such case.

Please clear the cache once the images are smushed, and then check how the score goes, so that we could give a closer look, if needed. Have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Dave Miller

hi, access granted update I reinstalled hummingbird and the hub yesterday and seem to get some strange results but test worked the first time - then I installed smush pro and ran it had 2 errors which have taken a screenshot of but can't upload here. once completed this morning ran Hummingbird test again and now it fails completely and won't perform the test
    thanks for your help ill leave on site for the next 24 hours to see if you can sort out if not I will be removing as its impacting my site performance cheers
    Dave

• Patrick Freitas

Hi Dave Miller

How are you today?

then I installed smush pro and ran it had 2 errors which have taken a screenshot of but can't upload here

Wouldn't you mind, please, upload on Google Drive and share the link?

once completed this morning ran Hummingbird test again and now it fails completely and won't perform the test

I was able to run the performance test, I saw the images that needed to have the full size resized, so I went to Media Library > found the pictures and resized manually, and cleaned the caches. If you check the only report for the image now is the Compressing and resizing for your logo.

The Logo size is 1200px, but it is being resized by theme to 126px X 97px

Wouldn't you mind, please, upload a new logo resized 126px X 97px on Photoshop or Gimp and replace the current one.

You can also resize on WordPress > Media Library > Edit

Once done, clean all sites caches and run a new performance test.

Also, please, try to rerun the Smush Pro process, I can see you have 2642 attachments that need re-compressing.

Note. The process can take a quiet time once you have a lot of images that need to be compressed.

Let us know if you need any further help on this.
    Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

• Dave Miller

Hi going away for work for a few days I have ran smush 3 times and it says finished and then later you come back to it and says those Same files Ned doing I will look at it when I get back there is something not correct and it shouldn’t be 1 logo but anyway I’ll do as you said if that doesn’t work I’ll just cancel my subscription as this was supposed to fix my site and all I’m doing is waistline time I get good results for speed on GTmetrix without these plugins and my site runs well without out them there are some other plugins you have that might have been useful as well but this at the moment is more trouble than it’s worth time wise have any of you even tried to run the plugins to see for your self thought that was the whole idea of granting access to my site so you can see for your self anyway thanks

• Nithin

Hi Dave Miller,

We are having an API issue with Performance Test, so you might sometimes notice the Performance Test not working for every try. If you notice such issue, re-running the performance test after a while should make it work though as it does't happen at every moment, this is something which our developers are aware, and will be fixed in the next plugin update asap.

I have ran smush 3 times and it says finished and then later you come back to it and says those Same files Ned doing

I'm not able to notice such behaviour at the moment, if you happen to replicate this issue again, please share a screenshot, so that we could have a better idea.

Seems like the performance test was showing cached results, I purged the SG Cache, and re-run a new performance, and now the "Optimize Images" section is 100 at the moment, and all the images are listed as smushed.

Please do check, and let us know if there is anything specific for us to look at, and we'll give a closer look, if needed. Have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.