Hummingbird in harmony with Wordfence

Hi there,

I just read about your new plugin Hummingbird and it sounds so exciting. I can't wait to try it and see what it does for me.
For our site we are using Wordfence and it brought some serious improvements in terms of page loading and also in regards of the scoring in Google Pagespeed.
Do you think that Hummingbird can run parallel to Wordfence without causing problems?
Is there anything I need to know before I can bring them together?

Warm regards from Bali,
Sebastian

• Rupok

Hi Sebastian

Hope you had a wonderful day.

Do you think that Hummingbird can run parallel to Wordfence without causing problems?

Theoretically, yes! You should not face any difficulty in using Hummingbird and Wordfence together. But to be honest, I can't guarantee you this in real world. Because both plugins use complex algorithm for optimizing site caching, compression and lots of other stuffs which highly depend on both site and server configuration and system environment.

So the best approach will be taking a complete backup of your site and then install both. I believe, you won't have any problem because we haven't got any report regarding Wordfence conflict yet. Even if you face any problem, you can always revert back to current state and we will have a backup copy to investigate the issue.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Sebastian

Hi Rupok,

thank you so much for your reply. For some reason my email answer on the same day didn't go through and I know now why I was wondering about the missing response.
    Anyhow, now I am back on it.

I am keen to try both plugins together. I like the idea of simplifying both - performance boost and security and it seems that these plugins are doing that. Wordpress is such a complex field and I am happy if I can focus more on the customization of the themes I am using rather than dealing so much with technical details on the very base of Wordpress optimization.

For one new site I am building I am working with WPEngine and they don't allow Wordfence. So there I don't even have to think about the two going together.

Well, this was not really relevant for you to know but in the flow to tell you.
    I will be back with a report about my experience with Hummingbird.

Thank you so much for all the great work you guys do! It makes my work with Wordpress more fun!

Warm regards,
    Sebastian

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.