[Hummingbird] Inline CSS not inlining

Hello,

It seems that when I try to inline critical CSS with hummingbird, they files are neither inlined nor requested (and therefor the page is unreadable). My guess is that that css needs to be injected into the theme somewhere and that whatever hook hummingbird uses isn't present in my theme.

Could you tell me a little about how hummingbird inlines css so I can try to figure out why that isn't working on my site?

Thanks,

Ben

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Ben,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Could you tell me a little about how hummingbird inlines css so I can try to figure out why that isn’t working on my site?

CSS can be added in couple of method is a website, either linking to the stylesheet, or adding it as inline CSS, as shown in the below example:

For example:

<head>
    <style>
    /* CSS Goes in here */
    </style>
    </head>

So, what Hummingbird does is, it allows the user to mark a CSS file as inline, which’ll make sure to load the entire CSS of that particular file as inline CSS as above, under the head, and style tags.

If a theme is using standard WordPress hooks to register, and enqueue CSS, Hummingbird should be able to pick that up.

Also, Asset Opmiziation can take time to generate unless the visitor access the homepage, so either that could be the case, you weren’t able to notice any changes, or cache?

If that isn’t the case, and if you still have issues, it’s tough to say what’s causing the issue without giving a closer look at which exact file are trying to add as inline.

Since support access wasn’t enabled, I wasn’t able to give a closer look. Please do let us know which exact file are you trying to move inline, and please grant support staff access so I can take a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Ben
    • Bandoneonista

Ok, made a staging copy of the site hosted on wpmudev to illustrate the problem. The first time I moved flatsome.css and flatsome-shop.css inline they don’t load at all (aren’t included inline). I’ve done it again, and reloaded the page several times from 2 browsers and google’s incognito mode, disabled hummingbird cache, and cleared the hosting cache but now nothing changes on the page. The css files are still linked and not inlined.

When it does do something, the css just disappears and isn’t inlined. It seems that now the page assets are not regenerating.

I’ve enabled support access to the staging site.

Thanks,

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Ben,

I could notice the behaviour. I’m afraid, we don’t have Flatsome theme to test this our my local server to replicate this behaviour, and see how those files are hooked into the theme side. Just to be sure, the issue is same in the live site too, right?

I’m bringing this into our developers attention to see whether they could provide any insights on this. Also, could you please share the theme, so that we could give a closer look too?

You can use Google Drive , DropBox etc to upload the theme, and share the download link of the theme, using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

– To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas

-link back to this thread for reference

-any other relevant urls

Please do follow up in the ticket once you have sent the above credentials. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.