Hummingbird installation failed

Hummingbird!!
I keep getting this error when I try to istall hummingbird; Installation of Hummingbird failed. Most likely reason for this are wrong folder permissions of your wp-contents folder.
It is not allowing me to upload the zip file if I try it manually in the dashboard... Can't see where I would put it on the ftp? If I am able to load it there?

Sajid

Hello Claire,
    Hope you are doing good today

First of all please check the folder permissions on your site. If you are not sure then please ask your host for assistance.

In case you are unable to enable automatic installation of plugins. Then you can of course install manually via FTP or FileManager of cPanel by following the steps below.

1. Download your WordPress Plugin to your desktop.
    2. If downloaded as a zip archive, extract the Plugin folder to your desktop.
    3. Read through the "readme" file thoroughly to ensure you follow the installation instructions.
    4. With your FTP program, upload the Plugin folder to the wp-content/plugins folder in your WordPress directory online.
    5. Go to Plugins screen and find the newly uploaded Plugin in the list.
    6. Click Activate to activate it.

Its recommended to take full backup of your website first before installing/updating plugin or theme.

Take care and have a nice day

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support