Hummingbird kills my site

HI there,
If I enable Hummingbird minification, the style of my site is completely ruined. It's kinda like all the CSS has been taken away!

What I want to know is, is there a way to enable minification such that NOTHING is minified, included or combined, so that I can go through the files one at a time.

Right now, if I enable anything, my site is borked and I have to restore the DB from a backup!

Thanks.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Nathan,

I hope you're well and thank you for your question!

I'm sorry that this happened to you but I'd say that you are on the right track. In fact, if Minification doesn't work "out of the box", enabling/disabling minify/combine options individually for files is the suggested course of action.

To do this, just go to the "Hummingbird -> Minification" page and while "Minification" is enabled you should see a list of files there. There's a switch on the top of that list that let's you "un-minify" and "un-combine" all the files at once but that equals switching off entire function.

Instead take a look please at the switches that are next to each file. The first one (from left to right) is "include" and that one shouldn't be switched off because it will make the file not to be loaded at all.

The second one is "minify" and the third one is "combine". If a CSS only is broken it usually helps to use the drop-down box at the top to select theme-related files only and "un-minify" and/or "un-combine" these.

If you have any further questions on this, let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Nathan

Okay - so this did not work. No matter what I do, Beaver Builder refuses to work AT ALL if I invoke any kind of minifying.

If I ONLY select the "include" option for ALL files and deselect the "minify" AND "combine", this still breaks Beaver Builder, upon which my site is based? I can no longer interact with Beaver Builder in any way, they BB menus no longer work in the Page Builder UI.

Have you any advice?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Nathan,

It's strange that minification on it's own causes this issue for you when minification and combine are disabled, we would like to investigate this further if you could grant us support access to your site.

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please respond in this thread once access is granted.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.