[Hummingbird] Let certain user roles clear cache

I don't seem to be able to give access to a user role "Shop Manager" to clear cache after adding products. Is there any way we could give certain user role(s) except administrators ability to clear Page Cache in HB? Please advice.

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey Brendon !
    Hope you are having a great day!

Nahid here, following up from our last Live Chat session. Upon further investigation, I was able to find that, unfortunately, access to the clearing of cache in the Hummingbird plugin is restricted to the administrators only and I'm afraid it cannot be extended to any more user roles at the moment. However, as this sounds like a very useful feature, I'm moving this thread to the "Features and Feedback" section of our forums, so that our developers can consider this for future development as soon as we can see more members looking for this.

As a temporary solution, for now, you can enable the "Clear full cache when post/page is updated" setting in your WordPress Dashboard->Hummingbird Pro->Caching->Page Caching which will automatically clear all the cache when your user(s) belonging to the role "Shop Manager" publish/update any products. Here's a screenshot for reference:

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need any further assistance regarding this. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there all! :slight_smile:

I had some feedback from HummingBird's lead developer. Another member apart from an admin could clear the cache of a specific page, as long as this user is part of a group that has edit access to that page (this can also be a custom post type, as long as it follows WP standards), as HummingBird also provides a "clear cache" button inside post editor as shown below:

For other workarounds, you can always make use of HummingBird API and specifically the wphb_clear_page_cache action hook as shown in our documentation pages here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/wpmu-dev-plugins/hummingbird-api-docs/#chapter-3

Hope that was some help!
    Thank you,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.