Hummingbird Minification NOT working

I had 55 requests for my homepage.

I enabled Hummingbird Minification... now i have 76 requests...

This doesn't make sense.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Stevers,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "Minification" feature is quite complex and there's virtually no way to make it automatically detect site configuration and setup and adjust all the settings accordingly. Therefore it may need some manual tweaking.

When I visited the front page of your site, Chrome reported 90-91 requests for each (re)load for me. I did try to check your site using a support access that you granted but it seems that it has either expired or something went wrong during the process because I wasn't able to use it (getting only a blank screen with an error).

I would like to take a closer look so could you please re-grant access for me? If WPMU DEV -> Support page says it is already granted, please revoke it and grant again.

Let me also know please how do you count/measure the number of requests so I could use the same method in order to get comparable results while testing.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Stevers

Hi there, Sorry, i disabled the plugin to track down any non-related issues that I was having.

I just re-enabled it and revoked/enabled access again.

I am using tools.pingdom.com for the speed tests.

Do you have a recommended test?

I cannot get the test to work in WPMU Dev Dashboard either.

WHen you say that it may need manual tweaking, you mean in addition to all the files it displays in the minificatino/combine area? As in are there other manual tweaks elsewhere I can make?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Stevers,

I tested your site with pingdom tools and the requests number have dropped down to 60 now, did you made some tweaks already?

WHen you say that it may need manual tweaking, you mean in addition to all the files it displays in the minificatino/combine area? As in are there other manual tweaks elsewhere I can make?

Adam was indeed referring to minification area, some sites require additional changes there in order to get the site working at its best with minification, some themes/plugins files don't handle minification or loading position change and need to be excluded from minification because of that.

I cannot get the test to work in WPMU Dev Dashboard either.

I'm not sure that I understand this issue, could you elaborate it a bit more?
    Which test is not working with WPMU DEV Dashboard?

Also, if you have any further recommendations for optimizing the site so it will load faster, I am all ears.

In your minification panel I see that all the files are still loading from their original location, you should try moving as many files as possible to load from footer.

I also see that your browser caching is currently set to 5 minutes so for better results you can change that to 8 days.
    You can check Hummingbird > Browser Caching panel for more info on how to do that.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.