Hummingbird >> Minification Tool

For some reason the Minification tool in Hummingbird seems to have stopped working. I have tried re-installing the program which reset all of the other tools, except for the Minification tool. I had installed W3 at one point, but couldn't get the CSS and Javascript to work so I shut it off and tried to divert back to the Hummingbird Minification tool. Would you please let me know what I am doing wrong?

• Milan

Hello jplk ,

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

For some reason the Minification tool in Hummingbird seems to have stopped working

This could happen if you have installed any plugin of theme recently.

Actually, Minification is a tool which requires little bit more testing specially if it causes site break down. :slight_smile: You could disable minification for all the possible plugins/themes ( see blow screenshot ) one by one and check for which plugin/theme its not working. Once you find culprit, leave disabled for that only plugin/theme and use minification for all other projects.

If its not because of any one plugin or theme, you would need to do bit more testing to identify files for which minification is not working. !!

Let me know how it goes. :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Milan

Hello jplk ,

Thanks for the screenshots. :slight_smile:

I can see in your screenshots that you have not enabled minification on your site yet. You would need to press button saying "Recheck Files" which actually initiates Minification process. :slight_smile: Please hit that button and then let me know how it goes then. :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back from you. :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Milan

Hello jplk ,

Hope you are doing well today and I am extermally sorry for not reading your message properly. Based on your message I thought you are pointing me at your screenshots only!!!

I tested your site with this and got these JavaScript errors in my browser console, Please see this attached screenshot.

As you can see in the tooltip I pointed, it is not coming from any other plugin or theme file but it could be due to other plugin of theme file so our first troubleshooting on this would be

#1) Plugin Conflict
    #2) As this error is not giving us much information, it would be great if we can also enable debug mode to your site and log errors into one file so you can later send it to me. To do that, please open your site's wp-config.php file and replace this line in it,

define ( "WP_DEBUG", false );

with these ones,

define ( "WP_DEBUG", true );
    define ( "WP_DEBUG_LOG", true );
    define ( "WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY", false );

Save the file and try to enable minification by clicking button saying Recheck Files, this action should generate file named debug.log inside your site's /wp-content/ folder. Go there and download it. Change its name to debug.txt and upload it in your next post.
    #3) Third point is to clear caches generated by Hummingbird. When you click on "Recheck Files", Hummingbird eliminates caches automatically, but as its not happening in this case, please access your site's /wp-content/uploads folder and delete folder named wp-hummingbird-cache/ .

Please conduct these debugging and then include its results in your very next post. :slight_smile:

I Look forward to hearing back from you.
    Best Regards,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.