Hummingbird minify breaks SVG on top of the page .

My homepage randomly stopped showing the SVG on top of the page, if I view the page with minify disabled it shows up again.
The weird thing is it was working fine when I originally put it & I didn't change any hummingbird settings. Please check and help.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jonathan

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Issues like that when something worked before but suddenly stopped working even though no changes were made to the Asset Optimization settings usually mean that there are changes needed actually. Updates of WP core, plugins or themes, some kind of changes to the site configuration - they all might cause a change to resources (assets) that are used on site. Some CSS/JS resources used so far might be gone, some might be added, some might change or the "load order" might change.

It's not quite possible to fully detect that with 100% accuracy so that means that usually means that Asset Optimization configuration might need to be adjusted. That being said I'd suggest starting with this:

1) if there's any kind of server-side cache or theme's internal cache - clear them please
    2) go to Hummingbird -> Asset Optimization and take a screenshot of the current settings just to have a configuration reference at hande
    3) use "re-check files" option to make Hummingbird scan the site's resources again and try setting that up again afterwards.

If that doesn't help, let me know please and we'll need to dig deeper into the case.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Jonathan
    • A Tiger In Human Form

Nope nothing helps, I already cleared cache multiple times from everywhere including cloudflare & my browser, re-checked files multiple times, I even removed all optimizations & it didn't solve it , I disable asset optimization & it shows the SVG perfectly so It must be something to do with the feature itself, not the optimized files...

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jonathan,

Is this happening as soon as you enable Asset Optimization?

I'm asking this because I have activated it on your site, checked on multiple browsers after clearing HB cache and had a couple of my colleagues check from their end, and each time the logo was loading properly.

Can you tell me if there are any additional steps needed in order to see this, and can you still replicate the issue?

About this part:

I even removed all optimizations & it didn't solve it

Did you clear cache after these changes?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jonathan,

As I mentioned above I have enabled asset optimization and checked your site on multiple browsers and also asked couple of my colleagues to check from their end but the logo was showing properly each time.

I still believe that this is a caching issue that's causing it at some point.
    Do you have a staging site where we could do some further tests and so we can't replicate it again we could leave the caching and optimziation enabled until the problem shows so we can debug it?

Or, could you tell us around which hours you are online usually, so we can activate the optimization and if it's working for us you can check it right away to see if it works for you as well, and if we're missing something during the setup?
    If that sounds ok please grant us support access again and let us know what time suits you the best.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jonathan,

Can you setup a staging site where we could leave the plugin enabled in order to see the issue?
    Also, can you tell me which devices you were testing it on, which browser and OS they are using and on which it worked fine and where it was broken so we can test in same conditions and check if the issue is related to a specific device or browser?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jonathan,

Are you seeing the issue now as well? I checked your site now with Chrome on Win10 and both logo and the image you attached above are loading properly.

Since your site doesn't have visitors right now, can you please enable minification in Hummingbird and once the problem happens, grant us support access again and respond in this ticket that the issue is back?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.