[Hummingbird] More advanced controls over Minification

Hi Guys,
Love the suite of plugins, however I've had wildly varied experience with minification. It would be great to see more refined / advanced controls over what is minified / combined. Currently there is a lot of guesswork involved here.
For instance when I try to combine groups of CSS or JS together, I'll save settings, clear cache and check front end only to find nothing has been combined yet.
If the combination process takes some time then it would be great to have a status indicator on this, or some sort of feedback.
Additionally as mentioned before, being able to group stuff together would be great. For example by plugins.
We use Elementor for a lot of client sites these days and while it is great, it pumps out a lot of JS. Being able to group this all in to one package would be fantastic.

Let me know what you guys think.
Cheers!

• Tony G

I agree. Hummingbird is great and provides a lot of versatility. But I'm hoping it can be taken to the next step as Mick describes. Hummingbird is a tool to implement our knowledge of how files in our site work together. I think it could go a bit further in helping us to use it better. As a professional I want to understand all of the tools of my craft. But as a user I'm hoping not to have to develop expertise in the nuances of combining specific assets. And I'd prefer not to have to study performance reports to see where using a CDN for bundles is more helpful than not. It's just too low-level.

I don't know if Hummingbird passes statistics back to a server, think not. But I'm thinking that when a site is using settings for some period of time that it can be "somewhat/reasonably" assumed that the settings work well for that site. Successful and unsuccessful optimisations should be centralized so that Hummingbird can offer suggestions that may work for similar site configurations. Hummingbird could even be pro-active - with information about good performance obtained with specific configurations, post a dashboard tip that changing specific settings might be helpful. I'd welcome help like that, volunteered by the toolkit to help me correct whatever I didn't get right with my own amateur guesses and assumptions.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey guys,

We were looking at some older tickets and I wanted to share some updates we had in the Hummingbird recently, which includes advanced mode for Asset Optimization so you can further tweak your files, and there are also better notifications in there showing which files are still being processed.

This is just some of the improvements our devs have been working on and we will see more goodies in future :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.