[Hummingbird] Need help with getting a better score on page speed test

I would like to increase the score of my site on Speed Test as it's currently very low.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Eseyo ,

I'm checking your site and at the moment you have Hummingbird with Autooptimize enabled at the same time and in both plugins, there is file optimization enabled, so that can't work together.
    To test Hummingbird on your site I will need to deactivate Autooptimize fully - can I do that?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Eseyo
    • Flash Drive

Yes please - change whatever you need... WP Engine advised me to try autoptimize, but whichever I can achieve best results with.

One further question - from my experimentation last night, I managed to get hummingbird pro to improve the page speed scores for desktop, but for the mobile versions, I still had render blocking content even though I'd deferred pretty much everything? Your advice would be appreciated.

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Eseyo

Hope you are doing well.

I was able to increase the mobile score to 35 but it still low.

I can see the main issue is the page size 19.2MB. I suggest using Youtube videos instead of local videos or try to decrease the video size. Requests is a problem as well, and I can see the site makes 145 requests, please, check your plugins and make sure to use only plugins that you need, disabling plugins that you are not using can decrease the requests.

After making those fixes, flush all caches and run a new Google Speed test to check if your score gets better on mobile and desktop.

This blog post might help you too with some extra insights https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/the-new-google-pagespeed-insights-a-perfect-100-is-now-super-easy/

Let us know if you need any further help on this.
    Best Regards
    Patrick Freitas

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.