[Hummingbird] Need To Discuss Our Future

Guys, this may be it. I have had the trial for a few days, and I'm beyond frustration. actually honestly I'm totally pissed. I have been very devoted with getting my performance grades in the green. I now have most in green 2 in yellow, and a new one red on server response time. This is new and I have never had this before. Before you say plugin I have already made adjustments with the plugins. All the new ones, which btw I got from you I deactivated. I have deactivated several others as well. Your precious smush isn't the greatest. After two runs of smushing, I had to remove some images that showed they were reduced in size by as much as 70%. How can you optimize any more then this and you can't because I can't find ways to smush just one file. I took a beautiful site and had to almost destroy it, reduce the home page by more then one half, lost almost all my images on the front leaving 2 or 3 images. Smush isn't doing the job. I have spent several weeks building this, and now in a matter of days, watch it unravel . Hey I have been doing this shit for years hell decades, I wanted the perfect site and I trusted you. Now, I have seen my overall performance score go from 69 to 61 with the server problem and believe me , my host will deny that it's their servers. It is shared and they told me at this point they would not recommend a VPS. So what the hell am I doing wrong ? What can I do to preserve my sanity and our relationship and business.? I will open up or extend access for you if you want to look around or if you could help to increase performance . I'm frustrated and very tired. Thanks

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mike,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

I wanted to check your site however, I don't see support access open. Can you check that and let me know when it's open? You might need to revoke and grant again.

After two runs of smushing, I had to remove some images that showed they were reduced in size by as much as 70%.

Can you give me more information about this? You had to remove images because they were compressed too much and quality was not good?

How can you optimize any more then this and you can't because I can't find ways to smush just one file.

You can smush single images directly from Media Library.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Jaxom
    • Dragon Rider

Hi Kasia Swiderska

I was wondering if it what he thinks is a smush issue is actually an image size issue.

As Hummingbird will also report that images are oversized for the current use but it doesn’t necessarily make that clear.

Also I have noticed a recent trend of everything must be a 100/100 as if that’s even possible unless it’s a one page blog built on 2017 :slight_smile:

Jaxom

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jaxom,

Thanks for your input – yes, it could be also a case of “compressing and resizing” – and from what I noticed Google Page Speed can really drop score when this is happening.

But I don’t want to jump to any conclusions without seeing the site and getting more details.

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.