Hummingbird new features not working

I've used the new features on hummingbird and they don't seem to work. I have almost of the JS combined, but Pingdom is still reporting to "Combine External JS". Some of the files mentioned are marked as "Combine" in the Minification settings, but I can still see them in the front-end, like:

/wp-includes/js/jquery/ui/widget.min.js

• James Morris

Hello Snap Ireland,

I hope you are well today.

I checked the results from Pingdom tools related to your site. It looks as though all the assets that are not combined are being hosted on the WP Engine CDN and are not being called directly from your site. Hummingbird's Minification module works with locally hosted files and files that are pushed to our CDN through Hummingbird. It cannot modify files hosted on other CDNs.

Could you please disable the WP Engine CDN on your site and retest.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Snap Ireland

Hi James,

This was tested one the live version of our website with one of your colleagues over the chat while WP Engine CDN was switched off and the issue was still happening. Also I've sent you guys details for the staging version of the site (it's what's on the LIVE site but it's not using CDN or any other sort of caching done by WP Engine) and that's not working there either...

The issue is that it's not combining those files with "Combine" option enabled in the Hummingbird settings page.

Here's a screen grab of the source: https://prnt.sc/ipuvj8
    You will clearly see that everything that's highlighted (in yellow) in not combined into hummingbird generated file. Other links on that page look fine (for example: /wp-content/uploads/2018/03/31b9e8a9cd2970bca2e7c0cd8113a111.js is somehing that is generated by Hummingbird)

Here's a screen grab of the settings page: https://prnt.sc/ipuyki where all options for these files are enabled.

The question is are these files for some reason excluded? Is that a bug that can be fixed?

• Ash

Hello Snap Ireland

I can see those scripts are using defer. If you defer a script, that can't be combined. So, would you please remove refer and try again? To disable defer, you need to disable "Force load this file after page load".

Also please note, combining won't be instant. So, after disabling defer and enabling combine, please let the site reload 8-10 times to generate the combined file and then check in source.

Let us know how it goes. Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.