hummingbird nginx setting make robots.txt fail

When I have
location ~* \.(txt|xml|js)$ {
expires 8d;
}
in nginx.conf ( on my plesk it is vhost_nginx.conf ) mydomain.tld/robots.txt gets 404 not found nginx error.

Removing "txt|"
location ~* \.(xml|js)$ {
expires 8d;
}
mydomain.tld/robots.txt gets contents of robots.txt

Also I have seen on Plesk support website
{
expires 8d;
add_header Cache-Control "public, must-revalidate, proxy-revalidate";
try_files $uri @fallback;
}
Any thoughts on modifications to hummingbird suggested changes?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello wpmudevorg24,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I assume that these rules are exactly as suggested by Hummingbird, is that right? Unfortunately I do not have access to NGINX powered server at hand currently and I'm not that familiar with its configuration so I asked Hummingbird developer for help here.

Please keep an eye on this thread for further information and I'll update it as soon as I get a response from him.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello wpmudevorg24!

I just got a replay from Hummingbird lead developer. It seems that although Hummingbird fully support NGINX, Plesk is introducing some specific changes/settings and our plugin is not yet ready for it. As a result in case of Plesk not everything may work as expected here. I'm not able to provide you with any modifications yet until developers will implement them. According to the replay I got, they're however going to run extensive tests under "Plesk managed" environment in order to introduce full Pleask compatibility.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
      • Support Gorilla

Hi Chris,

There's been a lot of changes/improvements/fixes implemented since May 2016, however the initial question here was related to browser caching settings actually. If you're experiencing issues with compression, please join our live support chat and we'll check this out.

If necessary, we'll also create a separate support ticket for you so we could focus on this case, access your site and avoid flooding original poster's mail inbox with unnecessary notifications.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.