[Hummingbird] Non-writable filesystem causes 500 error

After installing and activating Hummingbird, as soon as I try to save any settings in the plugin, my site crashes with a 500 error.

Seems like a specific setup on my hosting is not compatible with Hummingbird – the web server is running with a different user than the owner of the files.

I have to use FTP upload method for my plugins for example. Hummingbird isn’t detecting that and when it tries to write a file it crashes.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Jared,

In general, if a file isn’t writable, there won’t be any changes that Hummingbird could overwrite. It’s odd that such an issue occurs in your server side, with the mentioned fatal error you have reported.

Could I know whos’ your hosting provider? I’m also, bringing this issue into our developer’s attention, so it could be looked upon closely. Is it possible for you to provide FTP or SSH login so that it would help in having a better idea regarding what could be causing, and possibly fix it.

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

– To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas

-WordPress admin username

-WordPress admin password

-login URL

-FTP credentials (host/username/password)

-link back to this thread for reference

-any other relevant URLs

Please do follow up in the ticket once you have sent the above credentials. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Jared

It’s not any specific information, our second level developers will login on your server, check several things, write some code, will do some testing and then try to solve the issue on your specific server. So, it is quite difficult to troubleshoot without access.

Do you have any staging site on the same environment which information can be shared so that we can do some testing there?

Please let us know. Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.