Hummingbird Not showing in multisite installs

Hi

Installed Hummingbird - love the app!! But wehn installed in multisite it only shows up in 1 install and cant be accessed from any of the multisites - I am guessing this is because multi site is essentially a single site - however I cant tell whether oit will be working on 1 or all of the sites - help!!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Paul,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

In case of Multisite install the Hummingbird plugin must be "network enabled" on "Network Admin -> Plugins" page. It is then available on "Network Admin -> Hummingbird" page where you can set it's configuration.

On that page there's also an option to enable access to "Minification" settings for sub-sites. You can set it to one of the three available options:

1. "Only Super Admins can minify"

That means that admins of sub-sites will have no access to it and will not be able to configure minification but the network admins (super-admins) will be able to setup minification for each of the sub-sites.

2. "Blog admins can minify"

Both "super admins" and admins of sub-sites will be able to set up minification

3. "Deactivate completely"

Minification is disabled for entire network.

"Minification" is the only Hummingbird tool that can be made available "per site" (as described above). If option "2" is enabled, admins of sub-sites will get "Hummingbird" option in admin area's menu, otherwise they won't see "Hummingbird at all".

If option "3" is enabled, super-admins will not see "Hummingbird" option on sub-sites too.

Other Hummingbird tools (such as e.g. browser caching) can only be managed by super-admins via "Network Admin -> Hummingbird" page. It is that way because, as you already noticed, WP Multisite is still the same install as the single site but with just some additional features enabled: files and some "generic" tables in database are the same.

I hope that explains the case a bit :slight_smile: If you have additional questions, let me know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Paul

Hi Guys.

Thanks for the prompt reply.
    Can I just clarify ""Minification" is the only Hummingbird tool that can be made available "per site" (as described above). If option "2" is enabled, admins of sub-sites will get "Hummingbird" option in admin area's menu, otherwise they won't see "Hummingbird at all".

As I read this things like wp smush wont function on the subsites - just minification - is that correct?

Thanks

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Paul,

Hummingbird and Smush are separate plugins and each have their own settings.

If you go to Hummingbird > Dashboard panel in your network admin section you can choose if you want to disable Minification on subsites, enable it for Super-Admins or enable for subsite admins:

WP Smush on other hand has different page for setup and you can find it under Settings > WP Smush in your network admin.

In there you will see "Enable Network wide settings" option and if this is enabled all of your subsites will be using settings defined in there.
    If you have this disabled then each subsite will be able to access WP Smush settings and configure it differently.

Hope this clears things up and let us know if you have any followup questions. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.