[Hummingbird] Optimize database tables and advanced options

With the new developments in Hummingbird, I noticed that I start to have more overlapping optimization settings in different plugins.
I have Hummingbird Pro, Optimize Database and Perfmatters installed. Hummingbird is doing most of the optimizations, but I notice shortcomming before I can turn of the other two:
- My optimize database plugin is also optimizing database tables. I don't notice that step in Hummingbird yet.
- My perfmatters plugin is having a lot more performance settings to fix for my mulitsite installation. Hummingbird is having: url querry strings and emoji settings. Perfmatters also have options for: Disable Embeds, Disable XML-RPC, Remove jQuery Migrate, Hide WP Version, Remove wlwmanifest Link, Remove RSD Link, Remove Shortlink, Disable RSS Feeds, Remove RSS Feed Links, Disable Self Pingbacks, Remove REST API Links, Disable Dashicons, Disable Google Maps, Disable Password Strength Meter, Disable Heartbeat, Heartbeat Frequency, Limit Post Revisions, Autosave Interval, and Disable specific elements of WooCommerce like Disable Scripts, Disable Cart Fragmentation, Disable Status Meta Box, Disable Widgets

If Hummingbird will do these too, I can deactivate two more plugin. Would be cool for me. Maybe you have other plugin who could be deactivated? What other performance options do your plugins give you?

Since the WP optimizing plugin business is big, I leave my comparrision open with this shared doc. Feel free to add your views on the plugins too. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W215w_edKgDutaMGtRi3JZoQsoQ3AM6mT6YnAG8v-Bs/edit?usp=sharing

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Avatar,

hope you're doing good and really appreciate the feedback here! :slight_smile:

- My optimize database plugin is also optimizing database tables. I don't notice that step in Hummingbird yet.

You can find a HummingBird -> Advanced Tools -> Database Cleanup section in where you can delete revisions, expired transients, drafted and trashed content etc. This is what most DB cleaners do, so you may just have to use one plugin less! :tada:

- My perfmatters plugin is having a lot more performance settings to fix for my mulitsite installation.

I can see that couple of functionalities reported here like "Disable XML-RPC" is part of Defender plugin.

If Hummingbird will do these too, I can deactivate two more plugin. Would be cool for me. Maybe you have other plugin who could be deactivated? What other performance options do your plugins give you?

That's a pretty long list, I've forwarded these to our developers and designers for further consideration. Will keep you posted here, as soon as there's a development on this. :slight_smile:
    Apart from HummingBird, which is more focused in Caching, Asset Optimization and GZIP modules, there's Smush Pro of course, which can help you optimize your images.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• The Bug Hunter

Thanks for the explanation and the forward.
    The CDN funtion of Hummingbird is highly appriciated. Also do I use the Smush and Defender plugins.
    For the optimizing did I notice the same cleanup step in Hummingbird.
    To clarify my suggestion, would the optimizing of the tables look like this:

Seems like one more step in the Cage design plugin. I know other plugins have similar functions. Or maybe WPMUDEV hosting will do this on the server side?

One other suggestions, I like to see how mush optimizing a plugin does. Like Optimize database keep track of this "Total savings since the first run: " Will this be visible in the backoffice of WordPress? In the Reports in The Hub?

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello Avatar,

hope you're doing good today!

Appreciate the additional information, I've updated our associated dev team about the database optimization requests, as currently this module in HummingBird is in a basic stage.
    Also included Defender's developers, as some of the initial requests are more about security than performance. :slight_smile:

Thank you,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.