[Hummingbird] Portfolio Functionality

Ongoing issue: we have a dynamic portfolio on our website. If you go to our site and click "portfolio" you will see there are several categories. These "tabs" stop working every single day. I must clear the cache in hummingbird to get them to work again.
I've turned off all compression and asset optimization in Hummingbird, still not working.
I've turned off every plugin, one by one, and still not working.
I have turned off nearly all compression on my cloud flare account (which I've linked to Humingbird).
Still not working.
At this point, I have no choice but to disable Hummingbird. I may in fact, cancel this account altogether as my siteground and cloud flare account offers many similar compression tools.

• Dimitris

Hello there Kevin

Could this be a matter of Caching, not Asset Optimization?
    Cause you mentioned in support notes:

I have assets optimization turned off completely, and, that allows the portfolio to work, but seems to be only for a few hours and then something malfunctions again

As long as Asset Optimization was turned off, then it couldn't be the cause of that, it could be a matter of Caching or another conflict.

I can see that HummingBird is already deactivated now, so let me ask you, were you using the Caching from HummingBird too?

Also, which other caching were/are you using? Cause these may conflict each other, so you will have to use distinct mechanisms. For example, if you enable Page and Browser Caching in HummingBird, you shouldn't be using the same in other plugins or in the server level.

In order to better test this, I'd advise to create a staging environment first, meaning a complete and exact copy of this installation into another location/folder in the same server, using a separate database. In there, disable any server-side caching and enable only HummingBird's Caching and Asset Optimization. Grant support access via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin and let us know that you did so, so we could have a better (and safer) look. :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.