[Hummingbird Pro] Help with improving a page's speed

One of my most important pages is really really slow. I have done all I can with my amateur abilities using Hummingbird to improve the page speed. Is it possible to get some help on Hummingbird settings to improve my page speed? I have no idea which items can be loaded in the footer or must be in-line etc.
Google Speed tests also tells me that three images in my theme have incorrect sizes. Is this due to Smush somehow?

• Juan
    • Flash Drive

Hi TerryC,

thanks for getting in touch with us.

I had a look at your website and there is room for performance improvement, you have mentioned that there is a specific page having issues with the load time.

Could you please let me know which page are you referring to?

Also please check our following articles here and here to have a better idea of how to configure Hummingbird Pro for better performance.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Juan

• Juan
    • Flash Drive

Hi TerryC,

thanks for your reply.

I have enabled the Smush CDN in your website, it will take 30 minutes to propagate, this will help to improve the load time of the website drastically.

In regards of the page, I would suggest you take a look at this article https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/improve-first-contentful-meaningful-paint/

The biggest improvement your website needs right now is to compress, minify and move the necessary scripts to the footer under Asset Optimization

Thanks,
    juan

• Juan
    • Flash Drive

Hi TerryC,

thanks for your reply.

Under Asset Optimization you have the Option to Compress, Combine or Move to the Footer each script separately, however, I do not see this section configured, see screenshot attached.

Notice there is risk involved with this kind of configuration which can result in a broken layout if is not done properly.

Thanks,
    Juan

• TerryC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm afraid of breaking my web site. Is it difficult to undo the changes if something goes wrong?

I'm interested in better hosting. I've had this Network Solutions account for twenty years or maybe even a little longer.

• Juan
    • Flash Drive

Hi TerryC,

thanks for your reply.

It won't be difficult to revert the changes if the layout of the website is affected, you can revert the changes easily under Asset Optimization and turning off either option Compress, Combine or move to the footer.

I have noticed you already made a few changes to this section and the website speed overall is good, notice the website performance depends on many factors like:
    Amount of plugins installed
    Theme( how performant is the code and how many external scripts has)
    Server speed.
    Content of the website.

And there is not a straight way to optimize the website using HummingBird Pro or any performance plugin.

Thanks,
    Juan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.