[Hummingbird Pro] How Can You Even Trust Performance Testing?

Hello,
So. Apparently WPMUDev did some sort of update to Hummingbird. Which now shows performance testing WAY down in the 40s when nothing has changed on our websites and we've been in the 80s or above. Which is terribly annoying because our clients get our reports for this.
Now, when I go to the website in incognito. I doesn't last, or lost slow at all. When I test it on Pingdom. I get a score of 75 and the website loads in 2.38s. So why the change? I feel like this feature has taken an entire step back.

• Neel Gajjar
    • Staff

Hello Donovan,
    how are you doing today?

Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the performance test after updating the Hummingbird Pro to 2.0.
    First, let me tell you how the Performace test in Hummingbird Pro works, it uses Google PageSpeed Insights API to test the performance and then it displays the result. In the previous version, Hummingbird used PageSpeed Insights API V4 and now Google has updated its PageSpeed Insights API to V5. One of the major changes made in Hummingbird 2.0 is that it now uses PageSpeed Insights API V5 to display the Performance Test report. That might be one of the reasons why your score decreases.

I did run a quick test on PageSpeed Insights I got the score around at 40, one of the major reason your scored decreased is due to render-blocking resources as you can see in the screenshot.

Currently, I don't have access to your admin account so I can't comment much why the score decreased but to eliminate this issue immediately can you please check whether you have activated Asset Optimization.
    You need to do some changes under Asset Optimization > Advance mode.

For activating Advance mode visit WP-admin dashboard > Hummingbird Pro > Asset Optimization > Switch to advance mode for more control > Got it.
    Over here all the JS and CSS files are listed, you can combine, minify or moving them to footer.
    We do have a detailed guide on how to eliminate render blocking resources.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/eliminate-render-blocking-issues-hummingbird/

The best practice is to load as many scripts as possible in the footer of your site, so slow-loading scripts won’t prevent vital parts of your site from loading quickly.
    However, it is important to remember that it's not always possible to eliminate all the files as it might break your site, the ultimate goal is to lower the number of files.
    Please take a FULL BACKUP before making any of these changes.

If you're still facing the issue could you please grant temporary support access via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin? No need
    to share any WP admin credentials, just navigate in WP admin area under WPMU DEV
    -> Support -> Support Access
    page and click on the "grant support
    access"
    button. You can find detailed information about it here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please do reply back here when access is granted because we don't get any notifications about
    it.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
    Neel Gajjar

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.