[Hummingbird Pro] Hummingbird Asset Optimization – Selective by Page

I think it would be great if I could have the scripts and styles for plugins only load on the pages they are used on. I am not suggesting that be automated, because that would take a lot of development – but if I could just check a box "load only on selected pages:" and then select those pages a plugin would be loaded on that would be great.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Myke,

I think it would be great if I could have the scripts and styles for plugins only load on the pages they are used on.

That’s how any plugin should be loading its assets by default, ie only load the scripts, and styles where it’s used.

Hummingbird will only load the optimized scripts, and styles based on the assets loaded by the plugin. This looks more like it’s something more specific within the plugins to adhere, rather than in Hummingbird. However, I do see what you meant and will bring into our team’s attention to see whether there is any new feature that could be brought in to the Hummingbird side regarding these aspects.

Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate. Have a nice day ahead.

Best Regards,

Nithin

• Anton Vanyukov
    • Developer

Hi Myke,

It is automated at the moment. The Asset Optimization module will list all the assets from your site, but each page will only use the set that is enqueued by your theme and plugins on that page. For example, if you have four stylesheets:

style-1.css

style-2.css

style-3.css

style-4.css

Let’s say you’ve decided to combine all four of them. And your homepage uses only 2 and 4, while the blog post page uses all of them. So HB will load a combined version of style-2.css and style-4.css on the homepage and a combined version of all files on the blog page.

Best regards,

Anton

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.