[Hummingbird Pro] Hummingbird causing mixed content errors and broken fonts

Hello,
I've got an issue where Hummingbird keeps breaking my web fonts, including the search magnifying glass turning into a U. I have isolated it to Hummingbird, so for now I've disabled Hummingbird on my site.

I isolated it by choosing "see this page unminified" under the Hummingbird menu and the problem goes away.

The strange part is I have NOTHING combined or inlined in my settings. I have some things individually compressed, but even then not most of the stuff. Please advise. I have turned on support access for the site on this ticket so you can check it out.

  • David Thibault
    • The Incredible Code Injector

    Looks like it's working better now, but it's hard to tell. It's been frustrating because I would fix it and then the problem would recur. Today before I submitted the ticket I noticed if I "fixed" it by dropping the page cache it would come back after a few page refreshes.

    Now I've refreshed a bunch of times and it looks like it's staying fixed. Hopefully.

    I will leave this open for now and see if it returns again. Hopefully it won't. Fingers crossed :slight_smile:

    Thanks for the prompt response!
    Dave

  • David Thibault
    • The Incredible Code Injector

    Hello, it's happening again. If I view the page unminified it works fine, if I view it minified the hamburger icon is changed to a U and all the other font-based icons are broken. Please advise asap. This is very frustrating.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    I have re-enabled support access on my site.

    Best,
    Dave

  • David Thibault
    • The Incredible Code Injector

    Support access is granted. I enabled support access 6 days ago when I put in my last response on this ticket, but it must have run out while waiting for your response. I've never had a ticket go 6 days with no response on here before.

    Hummingbird was deactivated between then and now, and I just re-enabled it. Now it doesn't appear to be doing it again, so I'm not sure if you'll be able to figure anything out. I may have fixed the issue by changing the settings on the CloudFlare side to force everything to https. That may have bypassed whatever issues Hummingbird was causing. I'd love for you to still look into it and see if you can find anything causing issues, but it may be hard now that the problem has (possibly temporarily) disappeared again.

    Best,
    Dave

  • Rupok
    • Support Ninja

    Hi David Thibault,

    Can you send me a message with access credentials through our secure contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

    Subject: "Attn: Rupok"
    - WordPress admin Username
    - WordPress admin Password
    - WordPress Custom Login URL
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

    The subject line ensures that it gets assigned to me.

    Please reply here when you are done sending that info. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

    Regards,
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.