[Hummingbird Pro] Hummingbird minification prevents theme customiser changes to take effect

Hi there,
Trying a ticket as live chat doesn't work - just disappears!
Anyway, after making changes in Theme customiser, no changes to font colour, link colour, font size or custom css is shown in front end. If I choose "See this page unminified" changes are shown.
I have cleared full site cache, page cache, tried different browsers, private browser sessions logged out. I can only see changes when viewing unminified version of each page.
Any ideas?
Regards, Fred

  • Ash

    Hello Fred

    When you make some changes, this is related to css. So, would you please go to Dashboard > HummingBird > Asset Optimization > And clear asset cache from there? Also, check the file list again to see if any file is excluded.

    I would also like to know which theme you are using.

    And, would you please enable support access so that I can check if needed? Please follow this article to enable support access: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

    Have a nice day!

    Cheers,
    Ash

  • Fred

    Hi Ash,
    Thanks for the swift response. Have cleared the Asset cache now and the changes have appeared! Although this is a different system on my works network instead of home so that *might* have something to do with it. I thought I had cleared all caches (page, site, browser, etc) but must have missed that one. It was 2am when I was working on this!
    I am using a custom child theme of Envo Business with some of their premium plugins. Have enabled admin access just in case you still want to check out the site.
    Regards,
    Fred

  • Nithin

    Hi Fred,

    I gave a closer look and could notice the issue as you have mentioned. This seems more due to the theme's stylesheet is loading after the inline custom CSS once the Asset Optimization is enabled, and hence the changes in the colour, and fonts.

    Could I know where the following custom CSS is added in the dashboard side:

    .site-title a, .site-title a:hover, .transparent-header #site-navigation.shrink .site-title a, .transparent-header #site-navigation.shrink .site-title a:hover, .transparent-header.openNav .site-title a, .transparent-header.openNav .site-title a:hover {
    	font-family:Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
    	font-weight:700;
    	font-style:normal;
    	letter-spacing:0px;
    	color:#000;
    
    }
    p.site-description, .transparent-header #site-navigation.shrink p.site-description, .transparent-header.openNav #site-navigation p.site-description{font-family:Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-weight:400;font-style:normal;letter-spacing:0px;color:#2d2d2d;}#site-navigation, #site-navigation .dropdown-menu, #site-navigation.shrink, .transparent-header #site-navigation.shrink, .transparent-header.openNav #site-navigation {
    	background-color:#fff;
    
    }

    Just double checking whether such CSS is added manually from your side, or whether it's automatically added via the Page Builder you are using. I tried moving the related files via Hummingbirds Asset Optimization but still could notice the same issue.

    I'm also bringing this into our developer's attention to see what could further be optimized in such context too. Will keep you posted once I get further feedback asap.

    Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.