[Hummingbird Pro] Long loading/waiting time

Hi,

I installed Hummingbird Pro to improve our site performance. However, when I compress or combine the CSS files, it's causing more loading time.

Any idea why is this happening?

• Bamboo Kit
    • Staff

Hello, JP

Hope you’re well today and thank you for reaching out to us.

After I've tested your site via GTmetrix and access it via google chrome incognito mode, it seems like your site is load pretty fast, please find the screenshot below for your site performance report.

However, I would suggest you to clear your browser cache and also try accessing your site via incognito mode and see if the long load time still occur, if so please granting me a support access, in order for me to investigate this further by following the steps below.

1. Log in to the WordPress Admin Panel for your site (go to the Network Admin dashboard if on Multisite), and then navigate to the “Support” page from the WPMU DEV menu item (WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access)

2. Click the “Grant Support Access” button in the Support Access panel.

For more information about Granting Support Access please read this guideline: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Here is a screenshot of how to a support grant access.

https://monosnap.com/file/9jRDFWO3fg19S8giuphWeqyhImH9J0

After you have granted the access, please inform me in this ticket thank you.

Kind Regards,

Bamboo

• JP
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Bamboo,

I have granted support access.

I also tried installing WP Rocket to compare the performance of both plugin, I was able to get better result with WP Rocket. But ideally, we want to get similar results with Hummingbird as we plan to move our sites in WPMUDEV.

Could you help us with the best settings for Hummingbird? I tried compressing and combining the assets (css, js) but instead of improving loading time, it worsen it.

Please check the links below for comparison

WP Rocket Results – https://tools.pingdom.com/#5ae45e5584000000

Hummingbird Pro Results – https://tools.pingdom.com/#5ae46f62ae800000

Thank you

• Bamboo Kit
    • Staff

Hello, JP

Thank you for your reply.

After I've checked through your site and run a test with Hummingbird Pro, It seems like there are two things that you can optimize further for better performance.

First, Reduce server response times (TTFB) in the test result is showing that it took 4,470 ms to receive the first byte of page content. This due to your server’s performance capacity, in order to fix this, please try contacting your host and increase your plans or you can try hosted your website on WPMU DEV Hosting which comes with features such as dedicated resources, object caching, support for the latest PHP versions, and a blazing fast CDN by using our Migration Tools or Shipper Pro plugin to migrate your site to us.

Here is a screenshot of the test result in Hummingbird Pro.

Second, Eliminate render-blocking resources the files that need to be compress here are all CSS files which may be including to your theme or a custom CSS files that you created, In order to optimize this I would recommend you to use Hummingbird Asset Optimization -> Tools. This will drastically reduce your page load time by moving all of your stylesheets to the footer to force them to load after your content. You can add critical layout and styling CSS on this page and it will insert into <style> tags in your <head> section of each page. Next, you need to switch to the advanced area of asset optimization and move all of your CSS files to the footer area.

Here is a screenshot where you can find the CSS above the fold tools in Asset Optimization.

Moreover, In order to find which CSS that needed to be moved, please find it in Performance Test -> Audits -> Eliminate render-blocking resources -> Select the URL then it will show you the CSS file.

Here is a screenshot where you can find the CSS that blocking the resources.

Hope this helps, thank you.

Kind Regards,

Bamboo

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.