[Hummingbird Pro] Optimization

Hummingbird Pro keeps telling me that my images are not optimized and that they need to be compressed. I have tried multiple times to Smush them with Smush Pro and nothing is helping. I don't know what else to do.

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Cathy!

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the plugins. Let me help you out here so we can see how to fix this.

I think the issue may come from the settings in Smush, but I'd like to look first, especially to see which images are reported in Defender. Would you mind allowing Support Access so I can log in and take a look at the settings?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please respond in this thread once the access is granted.

You may want to start with some of the usual settings that may be causing this:
    Smush Pro >> Dashboard - the option "Smush my original full size images" - turning it on and running Bulk Smush again may help by compressing some of the images that may have been skipped so far.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Cathy
    • New Recruit

I have yet to get any kind of answer. Patel wrote me and then I never heard from him again. I thought you were known for excellent customer service support. I'm in my trial period and this is making me reluctant to become a member.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Cathy,

hope you're doing well and I'm sorry for the late response on this. It's been a little bit hectic in our end lately and your multiple replies didn't actually help on this, as our queue is serving older to newer threads based on the latest reply, so bumping the thread is actually pulling it lower in our queue rather than higher.
    Reference:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#support-community-tips

Back on your issue now, the Performance Report in HummingBird is showing some image files that are not part of the default upload directory, used when you upload an image in the Media library. Most of these are coming from a /wp-content/uploads/brizy/, so in order to compress images outside of the Media library you should go to Smush Pro -> Directory Smush, select this folder:

and then "smush" it.
    After doing that, you should re-run the Performance Report in HummingBird in order to get an updated report.

Let us know how that goes!
    Thank you,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.