[Hummingbird Pro] Reports from SEO software that files are not minified

Hi

We use software called SemRush that you may know for tracking and checking SEO performance on our sites.

Recently we are seeing a lot of errors on all site saying that CSS and JS files are not minifield. We know they are but the software is providing a huge number reporting the Resource URL on your CDN is the ones causing the issue. Google speed tools do not report this issue. Do you have any idea why?

An a couple of examples are:

https://www.evinoxenergy.co.uk/a-new-captain-takes-the-helm/

https://hb.wpmucdn.com/www.evinoxenergy.co.uk/00c8abf0-2a4c-43b8-aa87-ff273335bae0.js

https://www.evinoxenergy.co.uk/a-state-of-the-art-history-and-library-centre-for-kent/

https://hb.wpmucdn.com/www.evinoxenergy.co.uk/9882906c-da72-4710-b29c-ddafeaf11569.css

and we have a lot more, 1336 on this site alone

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Barry – DSM

I hope you’re well today!

One of the links that you provided leads to the “404” page. However, other ones working and the SemRush is right about them – they are not minified.

I understand that you got Asset Optimization enabled in Hummingbird but it’s possible they need some adjustments in configuration or something’s interfering there. I would, however, need to check it so would you please enable support access to the site for me so I could do it?

In order to enable support access, please go to the “WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access” page in site’s back-end, click on “Grant support access” button there and let me know here once it’s done as I won’t be automatically notified.

I’ll then access the site and check what might be causing the issue and how to fix it.

Best regards,

Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Barry,

Are you currently making any changes on your site?

I was checking Asset Optimization settings but Hummingbird got disabled in the meantime, so wondering if you’re doing these changes right now?

While the plugin was active I noticed that Asset Optimization was enabled but none of the file optimization options were active, so there were files that aren’t minimized and those will show up in speed results.

I would suggest enabling optimization for any files that are shown in the report and then give it another tests.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Barry,

I see that the HB plugin is enabled now but all of the optimization options are still turned off.

If you go to HB > Asset Optimization try enabling minification for wpmm-vertical-menu file and then check your site score again, that file should be gone from the report after that.

So if you enable minification for other reported files you should be able to care of the reports you are getting.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Barry,

Google Speedtest had some changes a couple of months back and their results now more combine possible improvements and actual loading speeds so if your site loads quickly but has only couple of files that could be improved it will not show that report right away.

So when I was checking your site I used GTMetrix because in their report, under YSlow tab, it will still show which files can be minimized/optimized and I'm guessing that SemRush uses a similar type of reports.

Here's an example.

I did a GTMetrix test and in YSlow tab it is showing 4 files that are not minified, like this:

And if you click on any of those files to open them you will indeed see that they are indeed not minified.

One of the files in question is wpmm_vertical_menu_js (I made a typo in my previous reply with the file name, sorry about that) and after I minified that file and run a new test it now shows 3 unminified files, like this:

So minifying your other files that are in reports should take care of the problem.

If I'm missing anything here or you are referring to something else please let me know.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.