Hummingbird Pro Saving Settings for moving site

i feel that a feature to allowing the import / export of settings from hummingbird pro would be great this would allow the moving from a stagging / testing enviroment to a live production enviroment to take place with ease.

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Lee Walker

Thank you for the feedback, I believe it is something really hard to be done for some Hummingbird modules, for example, usually, each website will have different themes/plugins, it means different assets to work on optimization.

I would suggest maybe a different setup wizard, like Defender which activate the modules by the quick setup?

However, I passed this threat to developers for further discussion.

Best Regards
    Patrick Freitas

• Andy
    • Product Design Lead

Lee Walker thanks for the feedback here. When you do a migration, do you not package up your site and migrate it to the staging/live server? If you did that, Hummingbird's settings and assets/cache would be taken with it and will continue to operate as normal on the new server.

Keen to hear your migration flow to see how we can help :slight_smile:.

Cheers,
    Andy

• Lee Walker
      • Design Lord, Child of Thor

hi andy

yes on normal occasion yes i would package up your site and migrate it to the staging/live server

the reason for my ask is that currently, I have my site that is already live and was looking to make an identical copy working on that to optimize with hummingbird as not to affect the main site (client-facing) untill i no everything was 100% then just copy the settings over to my live site this would be on the same server with same theme and plugins etc. without the need to a full migration/package up of the whole site to move it back over the live site again also if i have a developer working i can remove all client and customer info too for data protection.

• James Farmer
    • CEO (of WPMU DEV, honest)

I think that this also falls under the ability to replicate (as much as possible) favourite settings for Hummingbird / Defender / SmartCrawl / Smush etc. across multiple sites with one click (as in pre-setts applied through the Hub).

Which is something we are very much working on :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.