Hummingbird Problems with CSS, Customizer and checking enqueued files.

Hi, I have multiple problems with Hummingbird on my healthveo.com website. Hummingbird is already scanning and "CHECKING ENQUEUED FILES" for a couple of hours. Moreover, I installed it yesterday and it worked fine. However, today, I noticed that I cannot change any settings in customizer (e.g. I changed the footer colors and sizes, pressed save, it saved, I closed customizer and no change happened - it looked like before - only the text size was affected, but not the color). It seems like it prevents those changes because when I disabled Hummingbird the footer color had changed. In the moment when I enabled it again, the color switched back to the old setup.
So I switched Hummingbird off again, but that time it totally screwed my CSS design, so I had to switch it on again to get my CSS design back.
So what do I need to do to make Hummingbird work properly? Can you help me? Thanks in advance! (I granted you access so you can take a look yourselves and maybe fix it.) Much appreciated.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Markus,

Could you grant access again, because I'm getting this error "The admin did not enable remote access. Please ask the user to grant access.".

I tried to replicate issue with customizer but I could not - so I have to assume that there is conflict with your themes JS files and Hummingbird minification. But I can tell better if I will see it.

Please note that I might have to enable it again and do some testing with minification of files.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Markus
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Kasia, seems like I found the perpetrator... CSSdivi-style from wp-content/themes/Divi/style.css

So the footer changes seem to work now. I am a bit afraid to disable Hummingbird now, but the website works now more or less as intended, so I'll leave it at that.

Nevertheless, I'd appreciate it if you take a look :slight_smile: Thanks a lot in advance!

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Markus,

Great! Glad you got it solved!

If you encounter such issues in future, would recommend you to disable Hummingbird's browser caching and then check for the changes, as the cache can temporarily store your old data.

Deactivating Minification completely can also make the trick work, as sometimes there might be conflicts that can break the changes in the frontend. Just keep your current configuration as it is, and let us know if you encounter any further problem.

Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.