Hummingbird score because of js script

When I run hummingbird I get low scores for mobile and I really want this site to be super fast. I know that it is js running that is slowing it and one of the pieces of js is for taking payments on my website. Now I do not take payments on every page so is there a way to block the script on every page but the payment ones?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Marianna

Well, this is something you can't do using any plugin, rather it has to be fixed in the code level.

When the payment script is enqueued, there should be a condition where it can check which page wants the script. So, first check the page IDs and then enqueue the script.

Is the script added by any plugin or theme? If so, you need to contact the author if they can set the condition. Or ask them if there is any hook, then we can help you to use the hook to set the condition.

Please let us know how it goes with them. Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Marianna
    • New Recruit

Ok I will investigate with plugin author. However I have since noticed it is probably not the js having dramatic effect. I disabled all plugins and tested site and ttfb was still 0. There is something wrong with my site. I ran it through pingdom and it appears to be looking for an image that doesnt exist on the page and I had issues with smush and the cdn images not loading last week. Would you be able to see why ttfb is 0?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.