[Hummingbird] send sms messages when site goes down or up

It would be great if hummingbird could send a SMS message to a specific phone number if a site goes down/comes back up.

• sushling

Hello and good day to you!

I'm not sure if the WPMUDEVelopers will add this specific feature to Hummingbird, but for now you can use the free monitoring services provided by uptimerobot.com and receive instant notifications on multiple incidents and via multiple chanels every 5 minutes. Below you find a few

Incident > Action examples:

Website not available > SMS notification
    Server down > Email notification
    Website defacement > Push notification via their mobile app

and any other combination of Incident and Action of course :wink:

Their free tier lets you monitor up to 50 cases, websites, servers etc.

I have puchased a few SMS-credits for mission critical sites, so that I will be alarmed even if I have no mobile internet-connection.

Hummingbird is a great plugin and service to help you optimize the loading time of your website. It's feature-set is really helpful.

However, I wouldn't use its uptime-monitoring, even if they would provide SMS notifications. Instead I will keep on using uptimerobot :wink:

Cheers,
    Sascha

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello cornelius_butler,

At the moment it's possible to send SMS directly from Uptime, but I think you should be able to use services email to sms. Zapier has this type of integration https://zapier.com/apps/email/integrations/sms
    I know that some of our members are using a similar method for Slack notifications: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/updown-notifications-via-slack#post-1319902

Let me ask our developers if they are preparing any changes to the Uptime service that would allow to have this type of integration (with SMS service) in the future and get back to you.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.