Hummingbird settings not saving

Trying to save a setting. I Cleared full cache when post/page is updated. It does not save. I've disabled all plugins besides WPMU Dev ones and tried to save but no change. Please check and help.

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Barefruit!

I'm sorry to hear you are facing this issue. I managed to establish the source of it, though.

The error is caused by the fact that you are using an old version of WordPress (4.6.1, 2.5 years old, while current version is 5.1). Hummingbird tries to use a function that was introduced in WP 4.7, sanitize_textarea_field() and this causes the error to appear - it's unavailabe in in the older version of WP you are using.

The best solution, not only to make this error go away, but for security reasons is to update your WordPress to latest version.

best regards,
    Pawel

• Nahid
      • Tech Support

Hey there Firetoss !
      Hope you are having a great day!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you encountered. Though the nature of the issue might seem similar here, however, the reason for this being happening is most likely different in your case since the WordPress installation is up to date. Since we are really keen on keeping a ticket specific to one issue and one member only in order to ensure a better support experience, I'd humbly request you to get in touch with our Support team here so that we can address this issue separately for you. We really appreciate your consideration regarding this. Thanks!

Kind regards,
      Nahid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.